FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New "jdm" Turn Signals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know there's no such thing as a JDM Focus, but I liked the lights so I don't really care what they were called on ebay.

[Image: 107888.jpg]
[Image: 107887.jpg]
[Image: DSC_4240.jpg]
I like em
that really defeats the purpose of having side markers at all, there is no reflectors in them, its pretty pointless, you might as well just rip them out completely.
nice..they look awesome on a black car...dont know about on a red one!!
paolo,May 17 2005, 10:05 PM Wrote:that really defeats the purpose of having side markers at all,  there is no reflectors in them, its pretty pointless, you might as well just rip them out completely.
[right][snapback]109544[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Think you woulda been better off tinting stock ones or even clear ones rather than those, but hey, whatever floats your boat
Turn signal bulb still works and flashes plenty bright, so I don't know how U figure that there is no point to it (unless you guys in Ontario don't use turn signals) and I'm not too concerned about the reflector since I wanted it to pretty much look like it wasn't there.
SVT ZX3,May 17 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:Turn signal bulb still works and flashes plenty bright, so I don't know how U figure that there is no point to it (unless you guys in Ontario don't use turn signals) and I'm not too concerned about the reflector since I wanted it to pretty much look like it wasn't there.
[right][snapback]109547[/snapback][/right]

Why would we be complaining about your lack of reflector if we didn't use turn signals?

Take a look at NOS2Go4Me's car.. he nightshaded his turns... on a black car, it would look as tho they weren't even there...
Ohh I like them. Really they go well with the SVT headlightes. Were did you pick those up? Ive been looking for a while. ANy plans for the signals in the front grill?

David
Raine,May 18 2005, 01:19 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,May 17 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:Turn signal bulb still works and flashes plenty bright, so I don't know how U figure that there is no point to it (unless you guys in Ontario don't use turn signals) and I'm not too concerned about the reflector since I wanted it to pretty much look like it wasn't there.
[right][snapback]109547[/snapback][/right]

Why would we be complaining about your lack of reflector if we didn't use turn signals?

Take a look at NOS2Go4Me's car.. he nightshaded his turns... on a black car, it would look as tho they weren't even there...
[right][snapback]109563[/snapback][/right]

That's kinda what I was figuring. It retains the reflector (which I think you're required to have under the HTA) and it's still plenty visible day or night.

I've seen those on fleaBay too, wasn't sure what to make of em. They look good, but I think the HTA specifies you need a reflector on the side of the car at the front and at the rear.
I like.

they match the 2003 headlights.
I'm not saying they suck, but if they had a reflector, and they were smoked overtop, then that would be even better.
I really like them, I think they look better than the nightshaded stock lights. As for not having a reflector, most of the clear lenses dont have a reflector either.. only the APC ones do, and dont you need an "amber" reflector in the front/side to be legal anyway?

They match the headlights really well, only thing I dont like is how you can see the bulb socket, and it sort of sticks out since it isnt also black. Also that last picture is awesome, someone is pretty artsy with the camera ;).
I like em a lot to.
Nice, haven't seen those 'tinted' ones before.... hopefully they won't fog up......
Quote:and dont you need an "amber" reflector in the front/side to be legal anyway?

I think i read that front signals dont have to be amber, they can be white and still be legal. Also tinted lenses are legal as long as the turn signal can be seen from 100yds at a 45º angle or something like that. In the back, u only need one red reflector to be legal, so tint away.
For whoever asked, the came from ebay. Type in "JDM Focus". They have a DOT number on them, but no they're not perfect since they don't have a reflector but I don't mind that. You don't really see the bulb socket unless your up close and if they fog I'll just silicone them. I really like them since they match the head lights perfectly. For $18 USD I figured what the hell.
I think they look slick as hell.... Very nice compared to all others Ive seen for the NA spec bumpers, especially on the black B)
They look awesome. Much better than those ghetto niteshade homemade sidemarkers those other fuktards talk about.

Nice work.
guilty,May 18 2005, 03:54 PM Wrote:dont you need an "amber" reflector in the front/side to be legal anyway?[right][snapback]109718[/snapback][/right]

Yes, you need an amber reflector (not blinker or turn signal) on the "SIDE" fender area of your car to be dot legal, none of the aftermarket side markers for the focus have this reflector, nor do most cops really care anyways, As long as u have an orange bulb in there, they usually dont harass you, but if u lets say put purple, then your asking to be pulled over.
meford4u,May 18 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:They look awesome.  Much better than those ghetto niteshade homemade sidemarkers those other fuktards talk about.

Nice work.
[right][snapback]109780[/snapback][/right]

Haven't you got a truck to go polish, fuktard?

Wait, I found a pic from the last show n shine:

[Image: zil131-1.jpg]

I think it needs another claybar pass :rofl: :P
Pages: 1 2