FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tranny Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i found my self at ford once again after driving on the highways one morning.... I found that between 80 and 100 and 130 to 140 the engine hesitates and revs but dosent shift untill after it hesitates--- so i took it to ford and they said that they have had problems with the 2003 models in this situation..

Sooooo!!! They told me that the 2nd and 4th piston is having a problem ... the rubber on the piston head is rubbing/breaking off and jamming up in the tranny screen making the fluid work harder to get through the screen and they are also having probs with the solanoid to drive the piston..........

They are ordering a new piston - solanoid - screen - and possibly a clutching disc.
They also ran the tester on the car and its not throwing any codes..

So Ford knows there is a problem but is not advertising it..

Ill keep you posted on the results - thanks for listening

Craig - ZTW 2003 wagon

Yikes...

They're practically tearing the guts out of your car???

Sheesh.

Plese do us a favour and monotor that engine from now on.
That's messed. I'd draft a letter to Ford Canada and copy it to your local newspaper if they dick around. It's warranty, after all.

EDIT - self censored. Swear filter's broken! :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,May 18 2005, 02:33 AM Wrote:That's messed. I'd draft a letter to Ford Canada and copy it to your local newspaper if they dick around. It's warranty, after all.

[right][snapback]109535[/snapback][/right]
there is no rubber on a piston....what the heck you talking about or your being taken for a ride....your talking about gasoline exploding rubber would burn off.....you better look into this because i think your being taken for a expensive ride..... :ph34r:
nooooo... not in the engine - the transmission - he told me that there is a 2nd/4th gear piston run by a solanoid in the transmission that is losing the rubber - not in the engine-----

its going in on tuesday - and im getting trim painted under warranty because it got dinged by someone else's carelessness and the paint isnt bonded to the door moulding properly(another thing ford knows about) soooooo.... thats being done for wednesday..

keep u posted..
chris,May 18 2005, 06:13 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,May 18 2005, 02:33 AM Wrote:That's messed. I'd draft a letter to Ford Canada and copy it to your local newspaper if they dick around. It's warranty, after all.

[right][snapback]109535[/snapback][/right]
there is no rubber on a piston....what the heck you talking about or your being taken for a ride....your talking about gasoline exploding rubber would burn off.....you better look into this because i think your being taken for a expensive ride..... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]109566[/snapback][/right]

yes there is rubber on this piston. Ive done a couple of these before.
well, it should be covered under warranty if it's a 2003... hella a lot of work for the dealership to fix tho.
yes- covered under warranty - thank the great car gods

they finished the repair 2 weeks ago but now same thing is running - back in on thurs to get a new fuel regulator/filter/ and pump - basically every thing on the fuel line - not getting enough fuel to the engine at higher speeds - hesitates at 80-100 and 130-145

keep ya posted
DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Call FOMOCO and tell them this is going on. Sounds like they are having problems finding the problem.