FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Think My Dpfe Went?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Car just feels so blah lately. Even with load its like not at all peppy anymore.
Thinking it could be the DPFE. Could it be anything else?

How to I find out if its the DPFE or do I need to take it to Ford?

Thanks
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:Car just feels so blah lately. Even with load its like not at all peppy anymore.
Thinking it could be the DPFE. Could it be anything else?

How to I find out if its the DPFE or do I need to take it to Ford?

Thanks
[right][snapback]109476[/snapback][/right]

I've noticed the same thing lately...
Will the engine light come on if it needs to be replaced?
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:Will the engine light come on if it needs to be replaced?
[right][snapback]109480[/snapback][/right]

Maybe, when my car started acting up, the CEL didn't come on but it eventually did the day I took it in and it was the DPFE (EGR)......
Check your vaccum lines to Jay....

My car didn't just feel "not too peppy" when my DPFE went.... It just plain ran like s**t.
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 11:05 PM Wrote:Will the engine light come on if it needs to be replaced?
[right][snapback]109480[/snapback][/right]
Mine did.
I check the vacuum limes but i was also changing my oil and realized i had another exahaust leak so I fixed that. I dont think the exhuast leaks would effect the car that much. Do you think?
Depends how big of a leak.
LOL we wont go there on how big it was.

Any way I fixed it and well try the car again tommorow. I even did a nice fresh oil change to. If it still happens im going to Ford.
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:I check the vacuum limes but i was also changing my oil and realized i had another exahaust leak so I fixed that. I dont think the exhuast leaks would effect the car that much. Do you think?
[right][snapback]109543[/snapback][/right]

An exaust leak is probably one of the worst hp robbing problems.

I'll bet my hat that;s what the problem was!
ANTHONYD,May 18 2005, 09:14 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,May 17 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:I check the vacuum limes but i was also changing my oil and realized i had another exahaust leak so I fixed that. I dont think the exhuast leaks would effect the car that much. Do you think?
[right][snapback]109543[/snapback][/right]

An exaust leak is probably one of the worst hp robbing problems.

I'll bet my hat that;s what the problem was!
[right][snapback]109645[/snapback][/right]

free hat