FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Won't Start!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, I get in the car and press on the clucth, turn the key and nothing! NOTHING... Not even a sound out of the motor. One I thought that it was the batt..put my radio still works and every electric things work so...then I thought it's the switch for the clucth, I check and everything look ok, nothing unplugged or moved....

What could it be??? It work fine last night!!
focusonthis_88,May 17 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:ok, I get in the car and press on the clucth, turn the key and nothing!  NOTHING...  Not even a sound out of the motor.  One I thought that it was the batt..put my radio still works and every electric things work so...then I thought it's the switch for the clucth, I check and everything look ok, nothing unplugged or moved....

What could it be???  It work fine last night!!
[right][snapback]109451[/snapback][/right]

Starter...
To many lights and stereo equipment. :P

Joke.

Is there nothing at all?

Im calling you. lol

EDIT: Answer your phone!! :blink:
Flofocus,May 17 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:To many lights and stereo equipment. :P

Joke.

Is there nothing at all?

Im calling you.  lol

EDIT: Answer your phone!!  :blink:
[right][snapback]109454[/snapback][/right]

My cell is on...

Tick, tick, tick....

Its your Battery ;)
Flofocus,May 17 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:Tick, tick, tick....

Its your Battery  ;)
[right][snapback]109456[/snapback][/right]

I thought when your battery can't turn over the engine that it won't bring power to the radio and the other electric too. Oh well...You learn everyday...My buddy is coming over with the thing you told me and were going to try that.

Thx Nate,

EDIT: I think my dome light was on! Would that of cause the problem?
I had exact same problem a while back.. Turns out it was a tiny little rubber thing that popped off the back of the clutch. Check your floor mat for a black rubber thing, then put it back in place.
focusonthis_88,May 17 2005, 05:51 PM Wrote:EDIT: I think my dome light was on!  Would that of cause the problem?
[right][snapback]109458[/snapback][/right]

With all the stuff you have, yeah that would cause the problem. ;)
Flofocus,May 17 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:With all the stuff you have, yeah that would cause the problem.  ;)
[right][snapback]109461[/snapback][/right]

:D :D :D

I know!!!

Shouldn't be the dome light cause even if you leave it on, the car shuts it off a 1/2 hour or so later so it doesn't kill the battery.

Check the cables also, battery cables on the focus are known to flaw out and need replacing.
S2,May 17 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Shouldn't be the dome light cause even if you leave it on, the car shuts it off a 1/2 hour or so later so it doesn't kill the battery.

Check the cables also, battery cables on the focus are known to flaw out and need replacing.
[right][snapback]109464[/snapback][/right]

You sure about that?

I've had my neighboors come by and give a freindly reminder that my domelight was on....def more than 1/2 hour to....
It works on the circuit that powers the trunk... I tested that when we were installing the sub and amp 2 weeks ago or so. My LEDs would be shut off damn near 1/2 hour in at some points.

I haven't tested the domelight myself, but hell... just switch everything over to LED arrays. MUCH less power wasted :)
What about the alternator? You need at least 12-13 volts to start up the engine but everything else could still work with less voltage! Just a thought! :)
Flofocus,May 17 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:
S2,May 17 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Shouldn't be the dome light cause even if you leave it on, the car shuts it off a 1/2 hour or so later so it doesn't kill the battery.

[right][snapback]109464[/snapback][/right]

You sure about that?

I've had my neighboors come by and give a freindly reminder that my domelight was on....def more than 1/2 hour to....
[right][snapback]109466[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I left mine on the other night, came out in the morning, no interior lights, no clock, put the key in, car started like normal. I also left my interior light on last summer, I remember doing it and when I got in the car, the switch was set to on, the light was off and it started perfectly.
A battery that doesn't have enough power to engage the starter may still have enough juice to power the radio and dash lights. When my battery went it died pretty quick.
It's not about the voltage, it's all about the amps, a almost dead car battery will still give u 12-14 volts. But amperage will suck ass. U need atleast 50amps normally to turn the starter over. Tick Tick Tick is a dead battery, Yes instruments will light up, dome light 12volt bulb is like .5-2amp draw. depends on the wattage. And I've killed my battery on my old car with the dome light on.
Long shot///but did you happen to knock the pasenger side kickpanel that covers the fuel-cutoff button..

My 2005 didnt start about 24 hours after I got it and it turned out that the harness had come off....(my fault most likely cause I had installed some wires and probably bashed it)

try pressing that button down and if necessary pull off the kick-panel and make sure the harness is still attatched...

I dunno...things can happen and its an easy fix if thats the problem...try it man
It was my battery. But the funny thing is that my battery died 3 times tonight on me...stupid ford battery! :ph34r:
I'd be replacing that in a hurry, or get in some good practice on pop-starting your Focus! :D
NOS2Go4Me,May 18 2005, 08:14 AM Wrote:I'd be replacing that in a hurry, or get in some good practice on pop-starting your Focus! :D
[right][snapback]109578[/snapback][/right]

Well, im looking at a dry cell. Or is there another type of battery that you guys would suggest.

EDIT: Just tryied to go start the car...won't start again!!! Battery's DEAD!
Pages: 1 2