FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zetec Or Spi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
zetec - mostly city - 400km

zetec JRSC - mostly 4 - 7K rpm - 370km
Im guessing you got her running now?

How does boost feel in the focus? :D
Flofocus,May 17 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:Im guessing you got her running now?

How does boost feel in the focus? :D
[right][snapback]109393[/snapback][/right]

Finally! All of the vacuum leaks fixed, EGR gasket, and a few other things (replaced the JR black box with SCT chip) so now it idles perfectly and runs smooth throughout the rpm range.

With the supercharger the power is linear. The more RPM, the more boost. Keep the revs under 3500 and it feels like before. Above 3500rpm you hear the whine of the SC (The Borla growl down low blends nicely with the SC whine up top) and the power grows exponentially all the way to 7000rpm. Almost surprisingly quick up to speed as you look down at the speedo and back in your rear view mirror. :o

I was hoping to have the SVT header kit I ordered back in April (still backordered) installed before the JRSC. This should free up some more grunt on the low end. You always end up wanting more power. *big boost kit!* ;)
Glad to hear it. I can't wait to drive my car all the way up to 7000 Rpm.....shifting at 5 is getting old fast...hahaha :lol:

Welcome to the boosted club! :D B)
That's awesome to hear. We're starting to get some serious FI success stories here lately!
HEY ALL: TRY THIS!!! I have found that squeezing the most amount of gas in the ST (like 52-54L!!!) that little bit like 4 extra litres from when the pump initially shut off that i get a huge reply on milage in return. First try i hit like 500 with 1/4 left in the tank, another time i tried it and i had huge milage, i would have hit well into the 600s but i got stupid and filled before i got near empty due to the fact i was going on a longer trip. For me to hit these numbers its rare, i am a heavy foot, if i do this trick and baby it i have hit 400 at a half tank. Now then i was doing good with the left foot on the first half and turned it loose on the second half, i just can't stick with the easy on the gas (egg under pedal) for more than a few days.
Hmm, sounds like the 05 gas tanks are bigger. i swore pre-05 tanks were only 50l. the most i have ever been able to get into the svt is 46l
My 2000 ZX3 is only 40 litres.
You're 40L from the "empty" position to the "full" position on the 00-04 Focuses. You then have a 10L reserve. Not sure about the 05s, but I was led to believe all the "guts" were basically the same for the non-drivetrain stuff. I'll have to check into that.

Most I ever put in the SPI was last Friday IIRC, 43.5L's worth. I was on the reserve for 2 days :)
NOS2Go4Me,May 17 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:You're 40L from the "empty" position to the "full" position on the 00-04 Focuses. You then have a 10L reserve. Not sure about the 05s, but I was led to believe all the "guts" were basically the same for the non-drivetrain stuff. I'll have to check into that.

Most I ever put in the SPI was last Friday IIRC, 43.5L's worth. I was on the reserve for 2 days :)
[right][snapback]109473[/snapback][/right]
53L in the 05. Reserve is about 10 again
i just drove 3000km from Hamilton to Tennessee around trip. it works out around 14.5L/km . i kept my speed around 110km if not congested.
i have a 2001 zetec ,5spd wagon.
Pages: 1 2