FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Emissions Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally picked the car up today, and got my emissions test results.

[Image: emissions_test_2005.gif]

does this compare with other focuses here? honestly, I wonder why the EGR is N/A and CO and NO are 0 readings....

not to mention that my idle RPM is set to 900RPM right now.

my bad.. idle's set to 800.. . I should bump it another few...
i don't have my results handy, but those numbers do seem pretty low.. my integra definitely has non zero numbers.. my cat is underbody and very small though

do you have the stock cat or an aftermarket unit
naz,May 14 2005, 12:22 AM Wrote:i don't have my results handy, but those numbers do seem pretty low.. my integra definitely has non zero numbers..  my cat is underbody and very small though

do you have the stock cat or an aftermarket unit
[right][snapback]108804[/snapback][/right]

still stock exhaust until I get money for the aftermarket recoating and install.
i wonder if your SC is making the car somehow better at emissions or if its just gigantic cat at work
i got about the same numbers when the stock cat was on for emission back in December.... well to be exact, here are the numbers

idle at 678rpm:
HC ppm reading: 5
CO% reading: 0.00

40km/h @ 2932rpm
HC ppm reading: 4
CO% reading: 0.00
NO ppm reading: 1

it was with af/x udp, aem intake, borla exhaust, bosal flex, crower stage II cams, kent cam gears @ 0, 0, ported 00 intake manifold, ported TB, 9mm plug wires.

so I'd say our stock cat did a really good work on cleaning the exhaust gas.
cool

I'm not too worried about NO... that's created by extremely high combustion temps, and is mitigated by injecting a neutral gas into the combustion chamber (CO2 via the EGR)..., but was surprised at CO levels being so low...