FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where Can I Buy Altezza Tail Lights For A 2005?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I live in the GTA and i'm looking to buy a set of altezza tails for a 2005 focus sedan. anyone know where i can pick up a set for a good price??
sheridanford05,May 13 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:I live in the GTA and i'm looking to buy a set of altezza tails for a 2005 focus sedan.  anyone know where i can pick up a set for a good price??
[right][snapback]108707[/snapback][/right]

http://www.dontnarconnobody.com :lol:

Seriously tho... I don't think many aftermarket tails are out yet for the 05s.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY THOSE TAIL LIGHTS! :P

seriously tho.... they do not look good on any car, they don't even look good on the Lexus IS300!
:D
As far as I know, they do not make any aftermarket headlights or taillights for the 2005 models yet.
ZX3TUNING,May 13 2005, 11:57 AM Wrote:PLEASE DO NOT BUY THOSE TAIL LIGHTS!  :P

seriously tho.... they do not look good on any car, they don't even look good on the Lexus IS300!
:D
[right][snapback]108724[/snapback][/right]

i take offence to that mitch!

:P
Seriously tho, they suit certain cars, i guess depending on the colour and the style others are going for.
:ph34r: Actually they do make aftermarket lights for the 2005 sedans.

All you have to do is get the 2001 - 2004 aftermarket lights for the sedan that has the 2 stage light set up from factory, NOT 3 stage light set up.

The 2 Stage light set up is the brake / signal / parking lights all in one on one bulb and the other for the back up light, thus being 2 bulbs or 2 stage. The signal area is there but it's dead to the world ! :blink: not even a hole is there for it.

The 3 stage tail lights have a totally separate areas for each of the three bulbs. One just for the signal alone, another for the brake light / parking light, and than the last one being the back up light. 3 holes per tail light, 3 light bulbs all the same size in a 3 stage tail light.

They reason why they will fit perfect because ford didn't change the inside of the tail light design much. They only moved the back up light to the top of the tail light using the " el Cheapo " method of saving wires I assume ?? :iono:

This is why people with 2001 - 2004 2 stage tail light can put 2005 tail lights in their car, I tried this with a rental car and it works. I wanted to test this idea with my friend when he came down from Barrie with a 2005 rental Focus. There is no conflicts with the 2005 rear bulbs because they are the same right through all models of the focus ( 2000 - 2005 ).

So I'll say it again, Yes you can get a set of Altezza's for a 2005 model focus. :ph34r:
so what you are saying is as long as they are 2004 lights they will fit? they have a completely different shape to them. How can they fit?
find someone on the streets wth a riced out to the max car (doesnt matter what kind of car, any car will do as long as the driver is a rice boy), and get him to pull over, ask him where he gets his car parts from, and you will probaly find a pair of altezza tails for the focus from there
sheridanford05,May 13 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:so what you are saying is as long as they are 2004 lights they will fit?  they have a completely different shape to them.  How can they fit?
[right][snapback]108772[/snapback][/right]

I think frost has been huffing something... :lol:

the 2005 sedan tails are completely different than the 00-04 sedans and there is no way that they will be a direct fit......

perhaps frost meant the hatchback, which do use the same 00-05+ tails...

wagon, hatch are the same thru all the model years, no changed at all.

The 2005 Sedans use the same backing of the 2 stage lights, two bulbs mounted to the tail light ( twist to remove them / change the bulb ) The holes in the trunk are the same size and spots, so you can inter change them.

If my brother-in-law was not in Portugal at the time with my other digital cam when I did this, I would have taken pic's of the '05 sedan lights in a '01 Foci.
I'm still not believing you,.,,,the shape is totally different...maybe all the sockets fit and you can hook it up but I dont believe that it is a direct fit man....I have a 2005 sedan here at work and I swear to the FC gods that it is different...

but, make me a believer....show me the pics with no modifications and I'll retract my comments.. :)

..The hatch's are definately the same...and as for the wagons...well they shouldnt even make aftermarket parts for the wagon so I could care less either way...