FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Couple Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't done much lately, but here's a nice pic of a well prepped front corner:

[Image: S2Focus009.jpg]

Had to install ARP studs, broke and OEM one and DNF'd on my first trackday ever on Saturday. :(

And I've been fixing up the drivers office:

[Image: S2Focus010.jpg]

Obviously continuing professional trackwhore theme of the car. :D

I've got a blue co-drivers footrest still to go in, and I'm looking for a blue anodized shift knob. Anybody know of nice one? Looking for a clean, technical looking piece. I don't like those alien love-stick looking things.

Next project is probably going to be the intercooler, finally.

Heh heh, I guess this should go in the Post Your Rides section. If somebody wants to move it on over there, that's cool.
Thats sweet man. What roll cage is that?

Post some exterior shots to and I wouldnt mind seeing a pic of that engine bay.
You car is still one of my favs and reason why I chose many of my mods.
sweet pics man
Im just curious as to why you havent upgraded your seats yet... dont you find those stockers to be horrible in terms of support?
Very nice!
holy annodized blue batman! :o :o

when are you going to upgrade to racing seats?
I don't have many exterior shots. I tried to take some "glamour photos" last year but they didn't come out and I never bothered trying again. Frankly the exterior just isn't quite finished yet, and so I haven't felt the urge to take pics. I still need to get black stock side skirts (car came with ugly grey S2 skirts). And maybe an aluminum gas door, though I don't know if that would be cheesy.

The cage is Autopower. It's a bit much for the street, in hindsight I'd have just gone with a 4 point. Rollbar padding is BSCI FIA padding, which is the ONLY padding you should use.

Seats are on the list of things to do. Frankly however, they're near the bottom, since they're so expensive, and don't make the car faster. I actually don't have a problem with the stock seats. Yeah, they're not the best in the world, but they're better than 90% of the seats out there. I don't need a ton of lumbar support, and they do have good bolstering, and they fit me perfect widthwise.

When strapped in with the 5 point, they hold me in just fine.

Eventually however I will get a set of Sparco Corsa's.
Looks like it' coming along nicely Rob! My track days will be limited to the one or 2 I may do in the Tiburon this year since I won't get my new motor for the XR until at least August. Then I'm looking at 4 or 5 months of fab work to get all the rest of the work done, I’ve got a very long list to finish.

Too bad I couldn't find a way to quit my job and work on the car full time could probably get everything done in a matter of weeks then.

Maybe next year we can meet at a track day and exchange rides.
Euro Ford Fan,May 12 2005, 01:43 PM Wrote:Looks like it' coming along nicely Rob!  My track days will be limited to the one or 2 I may do in the Tiburon this year since I won't get my new motor for the XR until at least August.  Then I'm looking at 4 or 5 months of fab work to get all the rest of the work done, I’ve got a very long list to finish.

Too bad I couldn't find a way to quit my job and work on the car full time could probably get everything done in a matter of weeks then.

Maybe next year we can meet at a track day and exchange rides.
[right][snapback]108440[/snapback][/right]

Hey, keep me posted on any trackdays you find. I really would like to do Mosport this year!
P-51,May 12 2005, 09: Wrote:Hey, keep me posted on any trackdays you find.  I really would like to do Mosport this year!
[right][snapback]108449[/snapback][/right]

No problem Rob I'm doing one at Shannonville the last friday of this month at the moment it's the only one I have planned. I'll email you if I come across any Mosport days.
Euro Ford Fan,May 12 2005, 03:07 PM Wrote:
P-51,May 12 2005, 09: Wrote:Hey, keep me posted on any trackdays you find.  I really would like to do Mosport this year!
[right][snapback]108449[/snapback][/right]

No problem Rob I'm doing one at Shannonville the last friday of this month at the moment it's the only one I have planned. I'll email you if I come across any Mosport days.
[right][snapback]108470[/snapback][/right]

What are the details on the Shannonville one?
Rob..... those coilovers, is there a specific model number? or do they have "street" track" versions....please let me know....

I like the blue.....cause if you need the part you might just as well like looking at it while your using it ....

the cage wrap has not really changed much in ten years ...that is a premium product and although I dont recall that the product name we used to use it looked very similar to that....seems to me ...as memory serves ...we were mandated to use that...which was inspected as well....

looks like your gonna have some fun mate ...good luck

I will track vicariously through you and EFF....
Thats pimp man....

Any more pics??
Just swap the subaru seats into the focus on track days :P

-P@
The coilovers are Bilstein PSS9. They don't have street or track versions, just one. They are quite firm. Really firm. But not too harsh. They're livable on decent Ontario roads, not so good in Michigan or Windsor.

I actually thought the foam was pretty new. It's actually quite hard, but needs to be, just like helmet foam. The pipe insulation stuff used in America is junk.

As for the blue... That's my "accent colour" :rolleyes: :lol: I'm in love with the Fiesta Rally Concept, the silver and blue is just awesome. Besides, it was either the blue, or bright silver finish.
That car is ultra-pimp, man. Kudos on a job well done! :)

It makes all of us track-wannabes water at the mouth! Well, ok... me at least! :lol:
Would like details about the shannonville track day too