FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Scratch In Windshield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the winter I had a blade fall off the wiper durring a rain storm. By the time I got off the highway to change it, it had scratched the glass. Not too deep, but deep enough that I see the etch in the glass.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the scratches in the windshield?

Thanks
Wow...funny you mention this///

same thing happened to a guys car at work that we worked on today...

First off there is a way to 'fix' it but, depends on the scratch....without even seeing it, i'd recommend for you to just try and live with it..

The stuff we have to fix glass scratches is not exactly easy to apply and the final result can be less than desirable.

The only reason we tried to fix this customers glass was because it was a BMW..

Try and live with it man...I got one on my rear glass and my car is 2 months old...It's a bummer but, if you mess up..it'll be worse man :(
Same thing happened to me last fall... I went to a windshield repair shop and we "faked" a stone chip to the insurance.

You'll see, it will get on your nerves very quickly... :)
Well, the good thing is that it's not on the drivers side.. but it is a large double arc that is as long as the full range of the passengers wiper. I could live with it, but that's not somethign I'm good at. Little things like that bug me, a lot.

I don't want to put it through insurance, I'm 24 and pay enough already.
Urg, this is upsetting. I guess it could be a lot worse, at least it's not in my line of site.

Thanks for the help all.
linoleum,May 11 2005, 12:31 AM Wrote:Same thing happened to me last fall... I went to a windshield repair shop and we "faked" a stone chip to the insurance.

You'll see, it will get on your nerves very quickly...  :)
[right][snapback]108004[/snapback][/right]

It increased by 5$ a month... That's much better than paying, what $250+ up front right?
Your'e stuck with it!

Just live with it, or shoot marbles with a slingshot at your windshield and claim insurance for a stone chip.