FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Maf Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok guys, i need help getting my MAF out to put onto my shorty intake, but i can't!! I don't know what bit to use, it's like a torx bit, but it has this like little nipple in the middle of the screw hole, it's confusing the hell outa me, what do i do?
It's a torx security bolt, you need the torx security bit for it. The bit has a hole in the center to accept the nipple. crappy tire or princess auto should hav e the bits.
thanks skifreak, i'm gonna go pick that up 2morro

01-yellow-ZX3

No need to take the MAF outta the housing for a short ram intake, just need a philips screwdriver.
Princess auto has two, a red case with security bits for a socket and a green case with a full screwdriver set (get that one) the bits are much stronger and its a better value.

01-yellow-ZX3,May 9 2005 Wrote:No need to take the MAF outta the housing for a short ram intake, just need a philips screwdriver.
[right][snapback]107697[/snapback][/right]

huh :blink: you lost me!

btw it's the bombs.... :unsure:
yea, i live in sudbury, we only have a canadian tire
smith21,May 9 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:
01-yellow-ZX3,May 9 2005 Wrote:No need to take the MAF outta the housing for a short ram intake, just need a philips screwdriver.

[right][snapback]107699[/snapback][/right]

Most shorty intakes(I'm not sure about the bomz) use the stock maf housing in the system, so you do not need to remove the maf sensor.

01-yellow-ZX3

skifreak69,May 9 2005, 08:30 PM Wrote:

Most shorty intakes(I'm not sure about the bomz) use the stock maf housing in the system, so you do not need to remove the maf sensor.
[right][snapback]107708[/snapback][/right]

Yup, exactly.

Just take the snorkel tube off the one end, and the airbox off the other end, and voila you're ready to put the new short ram snorkel on the left side and the filter on the right. Installing a short ram intake is like a 10 minute job, you'll see what I mean when you get to it.
01-yellow-ZX3,May 9 2005 Wrote:
skifreak69,May 9 2005, 08:30 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]107708[/snapback][/right]

Yup, exactly.

Just take the snorkel tube off the one end, and the airbox off the other end, and voila you're ready to put the new short ram snorkel on the left side and the filter on the right. Installing a short ram intake is like a 10 minute job, you'll see what I mean when you get to it.
[right][snapback]107760[/snapback][/right]

i think i know what you mean (99%) but, my intake looks like this
[Image: intake.jpg]
and it has the hole for the MAF, so that's why i was asking
never mind guys, thanks for all your help, it's now on and i love it :)