FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recalled Fuel Pump And Sender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got my ZX3 back for the dealer to do the pump recall. I had a full tank. I dropped it off, went to work. I get a call

Ford - we may have problems installing the pump we told you to not have over 1/2 tank
Me - No one told me anything
Ford - I'm sure someone did, if we go ahead you may lose some fuel
Me - again, no one said anything to me, it needs to be done, it's undrivable, engine dies turning corners.

I pick it up, drive away and look at the gauge, there's 3/8 of a tank missing.
I've call other Ford dealers and have yet to receive an answer for what they would do. I also called customer service for Ford of Canada, nobody is of any help. I should have known, I get screwed eveytime I go to Concept, but I only go for warrenty or recalls. So I called to complain to FoMoCo, all they could tell me is "i'll file a complaint". I can't be informed of action being taken or notice that the complaint went out, or anything. 3/8 of a tank is a little excessive. They could have drained the tank first.

Now I have nowhere to complain to, nobody cares!

Even with Aplan prices this is the last ford I'll buy. I like the ZX3 but, I'm stuck with it. It depreciates as fast as I can pay for it, and I would get nothing if I traded it in.

DRyanC
DRyanC,May 9 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:I just got my ZX3 back for the dealer to do the pump recall. I had a full tank. I dropped it off, went to work. I get a call

Ford - we may have problems installing the pump we told you to not have over 1/2 tank
Me - No one told me anything
Ford - I'm sure someone did, if we go ahead you may lose some fuel
Me - again, no one said anything to me, it needs to be done, it's undrivable, engine dies turning corners.

I pick it up, drive away and look at the gauge, there's 3/8 of a tank missing.
I've call other Ford dealers and have yet to receive an answer for what they would do. I also called customer service for Ford of Canada, nobody is of any help. I should have known, I get screwed eveytime I go to Concept, but I only go for warrenty or recalls. So I called to complain to FoMoCo, all they could tell me is "i'll file a complaint". I can't be informed of action being taken or notice that the complaint went out, or anything. 3/8 of a tank is a little excessive. They could have drained the tank first.

Now I have nowhere to complain to, nobody cares!

Even with Aplan prices this is the last ford I'll buy. I like the ZX3 but, I'm stuck with it. It depreciates as fast as I can pay for it, and I would get nothing if I traded it in.

DRyanC
[right][snapback]107426[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to focus onwnership.
Flofocus,May 9 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:Welcome to focus onwnership.
[right][snapback]107437[/snapback][/right]

HAHAHA its so true :lol:

FociPhil,May 9 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 9 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:Welcome to focus onwnership.
[right][snapback]107437[/snapback][/right]

HAHAHA its so true :lol:
[right][snapback]107452[/snapback][/right]

yup.

It;s a long 5 years huh?
The first thing you need to tell yourself with just about any car is that it's JUST A CAR. You can leave it stock, mod it, park it in the garage and never drive it... and you're still losing money.

I'm probably losing more money than I can keep track of by modding it, and I don't care. Same should apply to all Focus owners. If you bought your Focus for an investment, trade it in on a Civic and learn to say BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM a lot. :lol:

Not slamming you, just calling it as I see it.
Financially.

Cars suck ubber ass.

End of discussion.

All cars have problems, some more than others.

Just have it fixed and move on.

3/8th's of a 40 litre tank=15 litres*$0.75 tre gas = $11.25
2001 ZTS,May 9 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:3/8th's of a 40 litre tank=15 litres*$0.75 tre gas = $11.25
[right][snapback]107466[/snapback][/right]

Send up a few trailer-loads of that 75 centter gas will ya? :rolleyes:

We're gettin smacked around for 88 cents/L at the pumps here right now.
we were at 93, I think we ain't 89 now
Phantom,May 9 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:we were at 93, I think we ain't 89 now
[right][snapback]107477[/snapback][/right]

99 here <_<
Flofocus,May 9 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:

99 here <_<
[right][snapback]107479[/snapback][/right]

where the hell u at.. cuz I'm never going there.
Even if it is only under 15 bucks, thats not the point, it's more than that. How do you make them learn. Like I said before, I like the car, I don't like to be bent over and asking for more. When you rent a car you don't take it back empty. I just want the car back they way it went in. I don't like to be upsold when I go in for warranty/recall work. A couple of months ago I had it in for warranty work for a seatbelt. I pick it up and they tell me I need new brakes front and back. I new I needed the fronts done, I was just waiting for a nice day to do it. I checked the rears a couple of weekes ago, I had a stud brake on both rear drums, due to the nucluer air gun these idiots use. My point is, there is a giant nut on the hub that is supposed to be replaced evertime it is removed. They had to remove it to take the drum off when they said I needed brake work, but you think they replaced it? NO. I don't want to say it but Ford mechanics are nothing but farmers, untill I see otherwise. It's my time, my money, and my car that they are messing with. My dad thinks i'm imagining things but everytime I get the car back I find something else wrong, I'm sure they are messing with it. I'm not mad, I just can't go back and give them a bill for my time not having the car when it goes in for warranty or recalls. Sorry for the one paragraph.

Oh ya it's 0.89 here

DRyanC
Phantom,May 9 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:

99 here <_<

[right][snapback]107484[/snapback][/right]

Turbo man. Nothing but 94 in my baby. B)
Flofocus,May 9 2005, 02:31 PM Wrote:
Phantom,May 9 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:

99 here <_<

[right][snapback]107484[/snapback][/right]

Turbo man. Nothing but 94 in my baby. B)
[right][snapback]107492[/snapback][/right]

ahh I just go with the cheap stuff. 89, 87 octane or watever
DRyanC, This is being whiny. "I had a full tank when I went and when I got the car back I only had 5/8 of a tank!!"

Wah wah wah

Suck it up, at least you didn't have to pay for the fuel pump. If they warned you before doing the work, it's your liability to not have a full tank, even if it was only 2 mins before starting the work. Additionally, I had the same problem, that no one had informed me to have less than 1/2 a tank, so I requested they empty part of my gas into a jerry can, and the refill the car when it was done. They did, end of story. Total gas lost? Barely any. If the technician warned you on site that you would lose gas, and you agreed to go along with it, you forfeit any claim you might have against them in regards to them paying for your gas. Sorry mate, but for $15, you're just whining.
your all l still not getting the point. And I was not informed to have less than half a tank till I was gone, they had the car on the lift and was ready to start work on it, thats when I got the call. It's not about the gas it about the lack of compitance from these farmers they call mechanics. They wouldn't empty and refill the tank because they are alotted X amount of time to do recall / warranty work and they would have used that time emptying and filling the tank

I'm done with this.

DRyanC
I have done the fuel pump 3 times and every single time they mention that I can not have more than 1/4 tank of gas. Maybe just bad luck? And no one at Ford or the Dealership will listen to you about your compliant, just suck it up. It don't worth to lose hair because of $10.
When I had my fuel pump done, they never mentioned having to have less than half a tank, but they did ask how much gas was in the tank when I brought it in( I had 3/4) As I started to drive away after picking it up I was shocked to see only 1/4 of a tank of gas. I just went and talked to the service advisor, He tried to tell me it was probably the fuel gauge was wrong before because of some bad gas that was going around, I just stood my ground and told him I filled it up three days ago and only drove about 100-150 km's. They agreed to pay for 20 litres of gas.
Basically stand your ground but keep it professional, they get a lot of people whining and bitching and moaning.