FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Focus Rs Vs Nissan Gt-r
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome vid! And if Ford has any brains (and wants to put a new dent in the Corolla/Civic juggernaughts like they did with the 1st gen Focus), they will release this car in North America, with no excuses, and no watering down.
nice vid....

I wonder which would be more fun to drive along our mostly smooth roads....
Great video . The man is soo right , at least for me is more important how much fun I have while driving fast than just driving very fast . Plus , I find the GTR ugly compared to the Focus , plus I don't have the money for it anyway :P
Great video. As is often said, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive fast car slow. Not that the RS is slow mind you...

Ivan MacKenzie.
Man this focus is gonna be killing people during lapping days.
I dunno, I'm so torn. The Focus RS is well, the Focus RS. Love it. The GT-R? It's Godzilla, finally landed in N.A.

I can has both?
NOS2Go4Me,May 6 2009, 08:54 AM Wrote:I dunno, I'm so torn. The Focus RS is well, the Focus RS. Love it. The GT-R? It's Godzilla, finally landed in N.A.

I can has both?
[right][snapback]286682[/snapback][/right]
What feels better going 140Km/h in your Escape , or going 140Km/h in your old Focus? Besides the Focus RS is probably 3/4 the price of the GTR, and easy to drive in regular, everyday street racing...I mean driving. No street racing allowed.
NOS2Go4Me,May 6 2009, 07:54 AM Wrote:I dunno, I'm so torn. The Focus RS is well, the Focus RS. Love it. The GT-R? It's Godzilla, finally landed in N.A.

I can has both?
[right][snapback]286682[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but remember what Godzilla did to Tokyo? :ph34r:

I have a feeling that a GT-R would do the exact same thing on the open roads here, meaning it's mainly a track beast :(

The RS could still fit in the "small cars only" spaces in downtown T.O. while being tossable. Makes it easier to choose, depending on your circumstances.

NefCanuck
The Focus is much more of a practical fast car for everyday life.
the RS need AWD!!! all those power to front wheel = torque steering and understeer :P
Have you driven it no I don't think so, so how the hell would you know
Yeah, the RS is a much more "sensible" car, if sensible cars can have 300HP+. :)
ZX3_2NV,May 11 2009, 12:17 PM Wrote:Have you driven it no I don't think so, so how the hell would you know
[right][snapback]287105[/snapback][/right]
its a turbocharged FWD car, its an accurate assumption.
Flofocus,May 11 2009, 11:36 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,May 11 2009, 12:17 PM Wrote:Have you driven it no I don't think so, so how the hell would you know
[right][snapback]287105[/snapback][/right]
its a turbocharged FWD car, its an accurate assumption.
[right][snapback]287116[/snapback][/right]
According to the video the new trick diff means power to the ground without the aforementioned problems
I doubt its completely taken care of.
Flofocus,May 11 2009, 12:05 PM Wrote:I doubt its completely taken care of.
[right][snapback]287121[/snapback][/right]

LOL - love to find out for myself ... but in any event supposedly enough to make AWD redundant for street driving