FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Egr Recall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SO when i took my car in for the furl pump recall, i asked if there were any other recalls...

they asked if my CEL was on, i said yes...and then they said there was a recall for a EGR valve or peice of some sort...

the CEL came on when driving home, when my fuel pump REALLY started to act up...but the chick at ford said they will run a diagnostic and see if thats it, but it could not be (and that means i gotta start paying)

any one else had a recall on this, or know about it??
Never heard about it. Let me know if this is a Zetec-specific recall :)
I just had the EGR recall done........

But got the letter about it last May.

But the dealership i first went to tried saying it was my "aftermarket parts" and dinged me $96 bucks for the diagnostic. I brought the car out this year and took it into another dealership and they replaced it no questions asked, no charge for the part or diagnostic :D

Oh and i left the dealership and the CEL came back on, so i took it back and the mechanic brought out their ODB II reader and showed me that i also need an O2 sensor #2. Also no charge for the second reading, but they want $280 for the #2 O2 sensor :lol: :lol: :lol: I think i'll do it myself for a third of that :D
Yes Phil I got mine done at Jubilee AFTER my warranty was up so it must be a recall.
S2,May 7 2005, 12:48 AM Wrote:Yes Phil I got mine done at Jubilee AFTER my warranty was up so it must be a recall.
[right][snapback]106901[/snapback][/right]

HOPEFULLY, ill be in the same boat as you...im stratpped for cash, and i still have to get the SGI insurance inspection done, and im sure they are going to find lots of stuff to ding me for...

last thing i want is for jubilee to tell me i gotta pay more for something