FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nice Kia.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
..........oh wait thats is a $400G Maybach.

So I saw what looked like a big Kia sedan (Amanti) rolling down the street towards me and thought to myself how much they try to look like a Mercedes. Then it comes to a stop at my office and its a Maybach.

[Image: kia_amanti.jpg]

[Image: 2006-maybach-57-s.jpg]

Isn't Chrysler 300 doing the same thing with Bently image?
Yup to both Andrew and Nik.

That's kind creepy that the Maybach is so close, or the other way around. Then again, Hyundai did that for years with the Elantra vs. the Honda Accord sedan.
Kia is the most shameless of the copy cats. I always beep the horn and point when I pass one of these:

[Image: conv15.jpg]

:lol:

i mistook a Hyungai for a Jag
what about the Genesis Sedan, Mercedes look/feel for less than half the price.
FocusGuy7476,May 5 2009, 02:29 PM Wrote:what about the Genesis Sedan, Mercedes look/feel for less than half the price.
[right][snapback]286612[/snapback][/right]

Do you mean Infinity G35?

02ztsian

Remember this ad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dht4E6yBwsE
(Well, except for the tuna ad at the end).
FocusGuy7476,May 5 2009, 03:29 PM Wrote:what about the Genesis Sedan, Mercedes look/feel for less than half the price.

I'll take the proven engineering and resale value of the Mercedes, thanks :)

On that note, I'd drive a used Mercedes for the cost of a new Genesis.
NOS2Go4Me,May 5 2009, 04:09 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,May 5 2009, 03:29 PM Wrote:what about the Genesis Sedan, Mercedes look/feel for less than half the price.

I'll take the proven engineering and resale value of the Mercedes, thanks :)

On that note, I'd drive a used Mercedes for the cost of a new Genesis.
[right][snapback]286621[/snapback][/right]

Dude... have you seen the reliability records of MB cars lately? :ph34r:

I don't care if their service shuttle is driven by a gorgeous blond chick that gives you a blowjob when you get to your destination, MB's are horrific reliability wise.

NefCanuck
Actually... I'd favour BMW over MB, personally. A nice "hold me over" car till I get into a 911.
My boss drive a benz.
"Piece of s***" His words exactly! :lol:
ANTHONYD,May 5 2009, 08:20 PM Wrote:My boss drive a benz.
"Piece of s***" His words exactly! :lol:
[right][snapback]286646[/snapback][/right]

I assume that's the "old" boss ... where are you moving to?
2001 ZTS,May 5 2009, 01:56 PM Wrote:Kia is the most shameless of the copy cats....
[right][snapback]286610[/snapback][/right]

I second that. Anyone seen the new Kia Forte? Looks like the front end straight off a Honda Civic/ Acura CSX.
SVT ZX3,May 6 2009, 01:38 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,May 5 2009, 01:56 PM Wrote:Kia is the most shameless of the copy cats....
[right][snapback]286610[/snapback][/right]

I second that. Anyone seen the new Kia Forte? Looks like the front end straight off a Honda Civic/ Acura overpriced Civic.
[right][snapback]286723[/snapback][/right]

There, fixed that for you.
I have a 09 hyunday elantra for my rental while im down in TO this week.

What a POS.
Flofocus,May 7 2009, 11:37 AM Wrote:I have a 09 hyunday elantra for my rental while im down in TO this week.

What a POS.
[right][snapback]286837[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, when i went for work to NB and they gave me 4cyl Sonata.......talking about underpowered car. :unsure:
well...I'd compare the power to a NA focus for sure, but man, when that thing reaches 6K, it sounds like the pistons are going to go through the head. Couple of times I thought I slapped in neutral...lol
Flofocus,May 7 2009, 12:37 PM Wrote:I have a 09 hyunday elantra for my rental while im down in TO this week.

What a POS.
[right][snapback]286837[/snapback][/right]

I love those elantras... you can beat the s**t out of them and you get all the smells of oil and smoke and other burning various fluids, but the car keeps running...

When you smell something burning on the ford, it's usually time to pull over and get your valuables out.

personally... Hyundai has done great with the new genesis... it looks exactly like the maybach, but when the hyundai is about 2/3 the size.
Yeah, the looks are there... but I couldn't take the snickering once people realise it's a HOON-DAI.

Cheap is cheap, no matter the skin it wears.

Also, is anyone else tired of Asian manufacturers cribbing massive portions of Euro and N.A. style? I know I am!
Pages: 1 2