FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hellas And Flofocus Custom Grill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got the lights and picked up the grill today. Let me know what you guys think:

Before:

[Image: 13.jpg]

After:

[Image: 223.jpg]

[Image: 224.jpg]

[Image: 226.jpg]

[Image: 227.jpg]

These are the turn signals but one is a tiny bit brighter than the other

[Image: 228.jpg]
Quote:These are the turn signals but one is a tiny bit brighter than the other

A tiny bit!!?? The driver's side is invisible.

I think once the ty-wraps dull with age and grime the bottom will look better. I think light/shadow/reflection are making the upper look a bit warped, I'm sure it looks good in person.
Holy s**t, that completely changed the car. Cool! I think tho that the grille would look better with an emblem in it

EDIT: Something like this:

[Image: malby.jpg]

Looks wicked otherwise tho :) Good job
dam Ford and publicizing their name

looks noice Mike.
Raine,May 4 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:Holy s**t, that completely changed the car. Cool! I think tho that the grille would look better with an emblem in it

EDIT: Something like this:

[Image: malby.jpg]
[right][snapback]106476[/snapback][/right]

Agreed
Looks great. The small blue oval would be okay, but stay away from that supersized one from the 05's (I know it wouldn't even fit, but what were they thinking???)
A silver on black emblem would look M3g4 s1c!!!!1!!11!!1

It would seriously be worth getting one from here:

http://planetauto.homestead.com/emblems.html
That grill looks super nice, i'm hoping to make something similar this summer for my car
Is it just the camera or is the grill all weird and not shaped right?
tdot-zx3,May 5 2005, 03: Wrote:Is it just the camera or is the grill all weird and not shaped right?
[right][snapback]106538[/snapback][/right]

not the camera.

Is your car darker now? Looks darker...
Nice pics Mike, The Hellas complement your car really nicely, and that grille looks uber sharp, no matter what Danno says :lol:
Frig, it looks awsome on your car Mike. The Hellas really go well with it.

Sorry about the turn signals man.....those things were a bitch to make. I could have gone another way but you did want to be able to just plug in the stockers..

Dont put a Ford emblem in it, that would look really gay. :fag:

Man, I really wanted to keep that grill.....haha

paolo,May 5 2005, 08:45 AM Wrote:Nice pics Mike, The Hellas complement your car really nicely, and that grille looks uber sharp, no matter what Danno says :lol:
[right][snapback]106562[/snapback][/right]

Danno is just being Danno. I have no problem with that, this is my second grill that I made and I think I did a pretty damn good job. I learned even more with this one, the 3rd grill will be just that much better.

looks awsome.
Hey im not insulting .. im just saying... you gotta be very careful when sanding stuff like a grill or anything made outta fiberglass because once its painted, any flaw shows up bigtime.

You should always just spray anything you make in just a layer of gray primer or black paint because its the best way to see whats high and whats low... and correcting from there is really easy.
tdot-zx3,May 5 2005, 01: Wrote:Hey im not insulting .. im just saying... you gotta be very careful when sanding stuff like a grill or anything made outta fiberglass because once its painted, any flaw shows up bigtime.

You should always just spray anything you make in just a layer of gray primer or black paint because its the best way to see whats high and whats low... and correcting from there is really easy.
[right][snapback]106625[/snapback][/right]

I know your not insulting, I didnt take it that way. I know your pointing out stuff, and it is stuff I would have liked to have more time to fix, I mentioned all the flaws that I could see before I handed it to Malby.

Its to bad about that one light, but try my suggestion in my PM malby, Im sure that will fix it right up.

Anybody else wanna let me hack up their stock grill? :huh: :lol:
I have a stock grill I will give to you .. and only you .. for free for you to pratice your sanding...

;)

Im serious too .. its sitting in the garage.
tdot-zx3,May 5 2005, 02: Wrote:I have a stock grill I will give to you .. and only you .. for free for you to pratice your sanding...

;)

Im serious too .. its sitting in the garage.
[right][snapback]106641[/snapback][/right]

Ar eyou far from downtown? Im at the Sheraton until tomorrow night. Train leaves at 5:30...

Were also meeting up for a G2G at the Frog & Firkin tonight....
Wow, my old hella's really look good on your car, did you get them working okay ?
Frost__2001,May 6 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:Wow, my old hella's really look good on your car, did you get them working okay ?
[right][snapback]106851[/snapback][/right]

Ya but I didn't use any of the wiring you gave me. I spliced the stock wiring and used shielded femal and male connectors.