FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Amp Install Day On Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm going to actually link to resized images for a change. Bandwidth should be decent as it's not hosted out of the house :D Before I go ANY further, massive props to my best bud Oscar (The Grouch) for all of his help and putting up with my long-ass strings of swearing as I stormed around looking for tools and just plain cursing in general!

Pics are in semi-chronological order - as best as I can remember :P

[Image: frontshot1.jpg]

[Image: interior1.jpg]

I've got to trim the double-sided tape here a little still, but damn does that stuff ever work good! No messy drilling or whatnot.

[Image: fusemount.jpg]

[Image: sideshot1.jpg]

[Image: sideshot2.jpg]

[Image: sideshot3.jpg]

[Image: underhood1.jpg]

[Image: wirerun.jpg]

Check the friggin' chromeness of that amp! Now I gotta realign my LEDs in the trunk! :lol:

[Image: mountedamp.jpg]

This is the way the amp+sub are mounted currently, I need to fab a couple of brackets to mount the sub so it fires forward. But you know what? I can't tell a serious difference with it firing in either direction. It just sounds GOOD.

[Image: finalsubshot.jpg]

I wanted a few more wiring pics... but I was too busy swearing at the trim. Also, after having run the RCAs and power (remote was attached to the RCAs. Neat!), I had to pull all the trim again so I could run the remote bass boost control wire. Neat feature, but not neat when it's been 2+ hours of finding tools, drilling solid grommets, and swearing at trim. All in all, it was a learning experience all over again of just how much this stuff has changed since high school.

Oh, and props to Focis8nt for hooking me up with the amp, wiring kit, and something else ;) I had my reservations about the Legacy amp having used their stuff about 10-15 years ago when they were brand new and far less than useful. I'm pleased to say that if I wanted to, I could turn up the gain on this puppy and shatter that sub like a piece of china. The crossover's clean for the LPF, and the power delivery and signal quality are aces. Good show. :)

EDIT - yeah, it needs to be vacuumed... AGAIN. That's tonight :)
Still huge pics man.

Make them so I dont have to scroll right for 4 minutes to view them :P

You both need wheels. Stock wheels at the very least. I have some, i will trade you my stockers for the steelies on your car + $50.00. ;)

Your engine bay is looking good Adam! B)