FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 19' Wheels...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so the plans are to fit some 19's....the car is lowered bout 2. front and 1.5 rear...Eibachs ...anyone knows about power loss or any issues???

I'll post pics as soon as the wheels go on.!
Well aside from the fact that 19's are gonna be heavy as hell... it'll surely slow down the car in that respect as the engine will have to work harder to turn them... aside from that you're looking at rolling the fenders for clearance purposes unless you're planning on riding on rubber bands...
redsvtfocus,May 4 2005, 04:23 AM Wrote:ok so the plans are to fit some 19's....the car is lowered bout 2. front and 1.5 rear...Eibachs ...anyone knows about power loss or any issues???

I'll post pics as soon as the wheels go on.!
[right][snapback]106274[/snapback][/right]

well you are in for a world of trouble. I had 18 on my foci and the ride was pretty bad, often worrying about damaging them, or wheel rubbing.........i imagine you are going to have a horiible time trying to fit them in............

If you can get them to fit that is awsome and i bet they will look awsome...........but i think they are gonna be more of a problem then anything else..........

Post some picks once you get them install, should look great
you well be rubbing and like I saw on the Gude/APC focus the walls of the wheels were gashed up from rubbing against the side of the wheel well..
brucktown,May 3 2005, 11:30 PM Wrote:i imagine you are going to have a horiible time trying to fit them in............
[right][snapback]106278[/snapback][/right]

Dean has 19's on his car.. it's not impossible, just strange :P
19" are retarded on a focus. 18" rims are the biggest damn near anyone goes in the focus modding world and even with 18" your running into issues if you don't have the exact offset, tire size no wider then a 215 and a 35 series (although a 40 will be ok maybe).
I'll let you know..cause the offset its the spec one..4 by 108.......I'll let you guys know what happ....thanx for the input.. ;)
Fitting the 19" wont be any prob with 35 series and a slight drop like 1.5

Im running 18x8 with 215/35/18 and dont have any probs. I rub the odd time but that only when I hit a dip going pretty fast. I actually want get 215/40/18 series rubber next.

Personally 18" is the biggest I would go on the focus. Just the way the car is you cant really slam a focus. So even with 19's a drop and body kit the car still looks like a tank.

Look at Jarrods car. 18's + 2 inch drop look perfect.

[Image: 050205055.jpg]
[Image: ft028.jpg]
[Image: bt.jpg]
[Image: DSC00051.jpg]
[Image: DSC00004.jpg]
SVT dean,May 4 2005, 05:15 AM Wrote:[Image: ft028.jpg]
[Image: bt.jpg]
[Image: DSC00051.jpg]
[Image: DSC00004.jpg]
[right][snapback]106292[/snapback][/right]
THANX FOR THE PICS GUYS..!!!
Just as SVT Dean and others showed us, as long as the Tire Measurements are correct, the tires shouldnt have any fitment issues, after all, the diameter on the outside rubber stays the same, regardless of the size of the rim.
19's wouldn't last less than one week on my car undamaged.
the fitment may not be the biggest problem..........damage due to shitty roads or pot hiloes will kill those rims very quickly.....but good luck anyways
I see SVT Dean also has Saleen fender flares... Was there any mod to factory fender flare underneath to make this work or is it just stock? Amazing to see the tires/rims have zero damage. :blink:
SVT ZX3,May 4 2005, 10:26 PM Wrote:I see SVT Dean also has Saleen fender flares... Was there any mod to factory fender flare underneath to make this work or is it just stock? Amazing to see the tires/rims have zero damage. :blink:
[right][snapback]106514[/snapback][/right]

Theyre just Stick-on fender flaires, they are part of the Saleen wanna-be-kit
ok..the foci is running on 19'S...(215/35/19)
the wheels are huge...but the only couple of things.....are..since the car is 2" lowered....the wheels sit lower in the fender, looks awesome but some mods have to be done to the plastic inside the fender, other than that is more the feel-like and getting used to it.

It was done on my budds SVT and I put on some 18's on mine...(215/35/18)
I'll post pics soon...but the car looks megasick on those wheels :o :o ;)
( The best thing to do its going to be..getting other springs)
right now with 19"s i am riding with sport lines

2" drop

no probs
just need to make sure the off set is right
i beleave it's a 40-41 off set
40mil 0ffset will only work with wide body kit....pretty sure dean has carved out some of the original fender to get fitment....i could be wrong....but with that size tire and offset it has to rub ....
Well, if you're running 19' wheels, your center-of-gravity will be stupid high, and the car will fall over at a moment's notice. Also, the cost of a lift kit to accomodate tires that size would be astronomical. On the bright side, you'd be unique for sure :P

2003svt

hey dude, whats happening man, well fixed the problem with the plastic piece in the fenderwel and now absolutely no problems. still getting used to the look of the 19's but they are definately growing on me. Now all I have to do is put the lip kit on. the wing and tint my windows, Thanks for the help man, see ya this weekend and we'll take some crazy pics. For any non believers the 19''s do fit and take it from me my car is slammed for a Focus. I'll try to get pics posted of our cars this weekend.
redsvtfocus,May 5 2005, 03:22 AM Wrote:ok..the foci is running on 19'S...(215/35/19)
the wheels are huge...but the only couple of things.....are..since the car is 2" lowered....the wheels sit lower in the fender, looks awesome but some mods have to be done to the plastic inside the fender, other than that is more the feel-like and getting used to it.

It was done on my budds SVT and I put on some 18's on mine...(215/35/18)
I'll post pics soon...but the car looks megasick on those wheels :o  :o  ;)
( The best thing to do its going to be..getting other springs)
[right][snapback]106532[/snapback][/right]