FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Diablo Tuning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys just wanted to know if there is a shop that tunes using Diablo chips in the GTA. I would like to get a 65mm TB but i dont want to screw up my current tune and not be able to get it retuned.
what mods are you running that make you worry about getting a TB? the list in your sig confuses me as your power is about 20-30fwhp down on what it should be.
there should be minimal change to the car that would require you to change the tune on your chip from just adding a TB. i would be more worried about why your car is only producing 128fwhp and 120lb/ft with the mods you are running?
if i was to guess, your cam timing is WAY out and the cams were not propperly zero'ed in by the installer. fix that and yout power will jump up atleast 20fwhp and 20lb/ft. the TB should not effect your tune to the point of requiring you to get it reburnt however it was tuned for how the car is running now then a reburn would be a good idea.

as for diablo tuners in the GTA, i do not know, we are out in Vancouver.
I think DaSilva (mustang toy store) can do Diablo tuning, but based on the cost it may be worth it to buy a SCT flasher from mitch.....

Yeah those numbers are pretty low for your mods, what was your A/F on those runs, who did your original tune?

You can talk to Chris at CTA Motorsports. He can download programs onto your chip and he also sells Diablo Chips. He has a specific computer to download all these programs directly from Diablo.

You can visit his website at ctamotorsports.com and email him.

Vito :D

PS. Tell him I sent you, he's a good friend of mine
I had this tune done by mcnews in PA. I thought these numbers would be right for an auto.

ZX3Tuning: i had these installed by focaltech from ff. so your thinking they might have been installed incorrectly?

My A/F is around 13.

haha, sorry i glanced over the "auto" in your sig which would explain why the power is so low.

the numbers still seem a bit low but after looking at the dyno graph it doesn't look the cams were installed incorrectly. and if McNews did the dyno, i'm sure they would have noticed if the cams were not installed propperly. Focaltech is a bit of a wanker but he does know what he is doing when it comes to cars.

check out this thread of another modified auto focus:
http://forums.clubfocus.net/viewtopic.php?t=27518
if that was on a manual focus those numbers would look more like 150+fwhp and 140+lb/ft, probably closer to 160fwhp and 147lb/ft so you can see the loss in power from the auto.

but back to your original question, don't worry about getting a reburn if you are planning on adding a TB or other little basic mods, it should not make a big enough difference to require it. finish off ALL of the basic mods then get it reburnt and be done with it! :D