FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2001 ZTS,May 1 2005, 08:25 PM Wrote:That was a sort of confusing definition of offset, this link is better:

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

For stock wheels it is 52mm, I think for 17's the ideal is 45? anyone else?
[right][snapback]105803[/snapback][/right]

THANKS FOR THE WEB PAGE..IT'S GREAT. :D
LOL your problem is quite simply your offset. If your rim has too high an offset, it'll rub if your car is even slightly lowered, plain and simple. I have 215/40/17's and mine rub when there's more than 100 lbs or so in the back. Your wheels stick out so much that they rub against the fender when the car rolls... Nothing you can do about it except get a rim with a better offset.

I have 45mm offset on mine and they rub.

Welcome to the board, btw... and you don't need to type all in caps :P Easier to read when you use lowercase letters.
What about spacers for her? Ford Racing sells them for some of their wheels.
2001 ZTS,May 1 2005, 08:07 PM Wrote:What about spacers for her? Ford Racing sells them for some of their wheels.
[right][snapback]105815[/snapback][/right]

If I'm right, and I might not be, spacers will only cause the wheels to stick out further, thus worsening the rub...
First of all STOP TYPING IN CAPS.

Second of all if your car isn't lowered and you're running what your saying you're running it shouldn't rub which is a problem. Maybe you're suspension is worn out or something to that effect.

I have my car dropped 1.5" and am running 205/45/17 on a wheel with 40mm rims and it only rubs if i go really fast over a speed bump. I would get someone to check everything out.
i also have 17's with a 1.5.......maybe a touch more of a drop, only rubs with more then 2 people in the back seats, something is definately wrong with your set up.........if anything it would be the offset
I have 215/35/18's on my car and I have a 2" drop and I have no rubbing problems. Must be offset.

02ztsian

Two questions:
1. Where is it rubbing? Is it rubbing on the fender lip or inside by the wheelwell? This will help to determine if it is too much negative or positive offset.
2. Wanna trade? Have factory 6-spoke 16" w/205/50R16 rubber minimal wear guaranteed NOT to rub! Go to

http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/showp...&cat=510&page=1

for a photo of the rims.
I apologize for the caps. it's how i type.and would YOU please use commas. they rub on the wheel well, not inside. i might just put them up on E-Bay for sale then buy new ones.
PICKERINGFOCUS,May 9 2005, 08:24 PM Wrote:I apologize for the caps. it's how i type.and would YOU please use commas. they rub on the wheel well, not inside. i might just put them up on E-Bay for sale then buy new ones.
[right][snapback]107624[/snapback][/right]

wow you gonna take that Malby?
Pages: 1 2