FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Much Will It Cost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK guys, gonna do quite a major overhaul on my car soon and am wondering how much it will all cost me.

Assuming I get it all done in the same shop, how much will the grand total in labour costs be when I:

Lower car
Add muffler
Mount and balance wheels and tires

I have all the parts, just need labour guesstimations.

Doing this next weekend... will take pics just cause I wanna see how different it will look.

So what'll it cost me?
Lower car 3.5 hrs
Add muffler 1.5 hrs
Mount and balance wheels and tires 1.0 hr

Total 6.0 hrs * $80/hr= $480 (taxes/environmental cost (tire disposal) not included)
dabigmandan,Apr 29 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:OK guys, gonna do quite a major overhaul on my car soon and am wondering how much it will all cost me.

Assuming I get it all done in the same shop, how much will the grand total in labour costs be when I:

Lower car
Add muffler
Mount and balance wheels and tires

I have all the parts, just need labour guesstimations.

Doing this next weekend... will take pics just cause I wanna see how different it will look.

So what'll it cost me?
[right][snapback]105506[/snapback][/right]

A muffler is not that expensive your looking around 80$ maybe...give or take. Mount and balance tires about 100$maybe...give or take...

It's going to be your lowering that is going to cost the more...your looking at about 300$ or more for the lowering...

Hope this help...
If you got full cat back exahust all that is needed is jack the cra up and take off four bolts.
ZX3TUNR,Apr 29 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:If you got full cat back exahust all that is needed is jack the cra up and take off four bolts.
[right][snapback]105512[/snapback][/right]

It's easy...I installed my in about 2 hours.
Even lowering the car doesn't take long at all and is VERY straight forward.

the exhaust even with just a rachet set and a hacksaw it's VERY easy.
focusonthis_88,Apr 29 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:A muffler is not that expensive your looking around 80$ maybe...give or take.  Mount and balance tires about 100$maybe...give or take...

It's going to be your lowering that is going to cost the more...your looking at about 300$ or more for the lowering... 

Hope this help...
[right][snapback]105510[/snapback][/right]

lowering won't be 300$, i asked my shop, and he does it for $150, assuming you have everything
I'd say you could at least do the exhaust yourself. Its simple stuff...hardest part is getting the old bolts off...

At the cost of buying just a muffler and getting a shop to install it you could go out and buy a full catback exhaust.
dabigmandan,Apr 29 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:Lower car

Lower how? What are you planning on installing? Just springs? Springs and dampers? Coil overs? Adjustable shocks and struts? It depends on what you're getting done
smith21,Apr 29 2005, 09:50 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Apr 29 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:A muffler is not that expensive your looking around 80$ maybe...give or take.  Mount and balance tires about 100$maybe...give or take...

Hope this help...
[right][snapback]105510[/snapback][/right]

lowering won't be 300$, i asked my shop, and he does it for $150, assuming you have everything
[right][snapback]105518[/snapback][/right]

That's not expensive, but here it's about 80$hours and it takes about 3 to 4 hours to installed.
Raine,Apr 30 2005, 12:30 AM Wrote:
dabigmandan,Apr 29 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:Lower car

Lower how? What are you planning on installing? Just springs? Springs and dampers? Coil overs? Adjustable shocks and struts? It depends on what you're getting done
[right][snapback]105545[/snapback][/right]

just springs for now
Parts:
Springs: 280+tax (steeda/eibach)
Exhaust: 240+tax (mbrp)

Shop Work:
Exhaust $80
Springs: $150-200
Mount/Balance Rims: $100

Grand Total will be about 900-1000.
might want to add in a bit of contingency into the rear spring installs. The control arm bolts tend to be difficult to remove, and the uninitiated could get held up there with anything from just extra time, to needing new bolts and lower control arms (if you destroy the bushing).

Someone like jay wouldn't screw it up.. Someone like me would.
I would definetly not go to a shop that charges you "per hour" for performance modifications.

you go there and they charge you a set amount. I know for a fact it doesn't take 3-4 hours to do springs... It took me 2.5 hours the first time I ever did it in my life.