FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Emissions Test.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's time for my Focus' first E.T.

I have a volant... Will the stock box perform well or should I just go with the Volant.
Just go with the volant.

I would be really surprised if your car would fail an etest because of an intake. :ph34r:
I had an AEM CAI, Shorty Headers, High Flow Cat, Flex and Exhaust. I also was chipped with a Diablo.

I passed with flying colours.
Don't sweat it Anthony. You'll be fine with all the changes they brought into effect Jan. 1sst of this year that raised all the maximum levels and has everyone failing now.

Did I say don't sweat it.

Darkpuppet says "BOOYAH"
Dan says "Thumbs-down"
HAHAHAHAHA

i figured i'd be allright.
I'd say you're safe... your cat isn't gutted and you're not running an O2 cheater or anything like that.
I'm safe.. all the stock emissions equipment is still in place and enabled... well, not sure the 2nd O2 sensor is enabled.. may have to reflash that to enable it again (was in prep for a race header which I'm going to put a cat on anyways)
make the sure the cat is up to operating temp and don't shut the motor off when you get to the inspection station.. just keep idling until you get your test done

You'll probably do better than a stock car and certainly no worse.
how often do you guys have to test out there and what are the maximums?
i'd just like to know how they compare to what we have out here....
NJ is every two years, NY is every year
Every two years once car is 3 years old. Limits vary per vehicle. I'll try to dig out my results later today.
ZX3TUNING,Apr 30 2005, 05:07 PM Wrote:how often do you guys have to test out there and what are the maximums?
[right][snapback]105601[/snapback][/right]

I know that when we bought the Focus, he had it tested for emissions 2 weeks before it left BC and it passed out there but failed miserably when we went for the testing here in Ontario. And now the test is even harder to pass with increased limits. There are no set limits per car per se, they are a standardized tests but the limits are based on the car, no. of cylinders, etc.

meford4u,Apr 30 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNING,Apr 30 2005, 05:07 PM Wrote:how often do you guys have to test out there and what are the maximums?

I know that when we bought the Focus, he had it tested for emissions 2 weeks before it left BC and it passed out there but failed miserably when we went for the testing here in Ontario. And now the test is even harder to pass with increased limits. There are no set limits per car per se, they are a standardized tests but the limits are based on the car, no. of cylinders, etc.
[right][snapback]105624[/snapback][/right]

I love saskatchewan and the no emissions testing. :D
Same for North Bay.

North Bay > GTA. :)

At least as far as sticking a sensor up your tailpipe goes, anyways :P
meford4u,Apr 30 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:

that was the red HPA(focusTuning) car right?
it had cams on it, correct?
do you remember what it failed on? i'd just like to know so i can advise customers out east of what they may expect with certain mods come emmissisions time

thanks!
ZX3TUNING,May 1 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 30 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:

that was the red HPA(focusTuning) car right?
it had cams on it, correct?
do you remember what it failed on? i'd just like to know so i can advise customers out east of what they may expect with certain mods come emmissisions time

thanks!
[right][snapback]105778[/snapback][/right]

It failed on the fact it had a hollowed out cat!
I spoke to a friend of mone that has a pretty heavily modded Camero, he passed easily and his car blows a lot more s**t mine. :lol:
Would it make a difference if I put good gas in the car???
What are those "emissions tests" that you ontarians speak of ? :lol:

Flo: did you keep your cat, i didn't notice
Pages: 1 2