FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: No Boost For Me. For A Bit At Least :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well still no chip. Called and actually found out that the guy at ATI/Procharger who was in charge of the tuning and programming the chips left the company taking all his stuff with him. Still waiting for a reply as to what there going to do now.

So tonight Im going to rip the blower of and get her running back to stock. Debating about just sending it all back, get my money back and going a different route. Just seems like I spent way to much money for having to be waiting on parts this long.

The company Im dealing with is super good to me but ProCharger isnt making things easy. Hoping I get a reply back soon and some options. It does piss me off a bit becuase I paid money for a kit that I worked my ass off getting and have yet to get it running. I know its know ones fault but it still upsets a guy.
sounds like the ghosts of Wolff racing... :ph34r:

hope they get it sorted out for you... tell them to give you $300 back, and get Randy from FocusSport to set you up a chip/flash.
Like I said earlier Jay...

Take it as a sign...

Someone out there doesn't want you to be boosted. :( :(
Boooooo. Bad answer Anthony.

We all have to take a step back and understand that changing your car's set up is not going to be a lucky stroke of genious and get it right the first time.
Since we got the Focus almost a year ago now, we have been planning the change and are now executing it. It ran chugging and sputtering in the hot summer days and we wanted more hp so a change was inevitable.
We, meaning mostly the boy and his co-workers, got the car to a point where it is very driveable without a tune or dyno run yet to make the car, hopefully, 200+whp. I'm not going to jinx myself in saying it will be there, but it should be awfully damn close.
now getting back to a direct shot at both Hardcore and you Jay. The amount of time, patience, money, blood, sweat and tears has made the car an uphill climb, but a worthwhile project for both of us in the end. But what I want the two of you to realize is that he is a mechanic in training and has people around him that can assist him and point him in the right direction who work with cars and their problems day in and day out. I am not knocking anyone's abilties, just stating that this isn't an easy process and time will tell if your patience will get the better of you and have you throw in the towel.

Keep trying boys and rely on those around you to help you through the tough times of the process.
darkpuppet,Apr 28 2005, 02:32 PM Wrote:sounds like the ghosts of Wolff racing... :ph34r:

hope they get it sorted out for you... tell them to give you $300 back, and get Randy from FocusSport to set you up a chip/flash.
[right][snapback]105245[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I agree, Randy is a good guy, I've dealt with him personally and his customer service is awesome.....
this is a bad year for boosted cars :( so many people,sooo many problems
scoobasteve,Apr 28 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:this is a bad year for boosted cars  :(  so many people,sooo many problems
[right][snapback]105259[/snapback][/right]

probably because mine is running so well.. *knocks on wood*

emissions test coming up soon!
darkpuppet,Apr 28 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Apr 28 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:this is a bad year for boosted cars  :(  so many people,sooo many problems

probably because mine is running so well.. *knocks on wood*

emissions test coming up soon!
[right][snapback]105266[/snapback][/right]

Pack your rosary. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Apr 28 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:Pack your rosary. :lol:
[right][snapback]105268[/snapback][/right]

I'm gutting my cat and restuffing with breath mints.. wish me luck!
That really sucks Jay, sorry to hear that :(

You've invested a LOT of time and money - just to have that s**t happen :(

So you're going to re-tune with N/A and a SCT multi-tune chip?
Jay, I don't know what to say. Either get your money back and go another route or fight this s**t out!
scoobasteve,Apr 28 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:this is a bad year for boosted cars  :(  so many people,sooo many problems

My JRSC is not quite right yet. I still have some vacuum leaks reeking havoc on my idle and ability to get the chip tuned with my setup. More fiddling required. Definitely not a plug and play bolt-on. :(
Send it back and call up Tom. ;)
I talked to the guy and they are going to send me my tune as soon as they can. I guess the guy that used to do the tunes left on bad terms and I was told there still debating on moving to SCT or staying with Diablo.

Its not like I ran into any mechanical problems. Its all tuning problems that came from there side. It happens.

Any way Im not giving up on this kit. This blower is capable of getting some serious power into the focus. Starting tonight Im going start removing it and get the car drivable again. Wont take to long. Injectors well be the most work since they can be tricky.

Then from there I just wait for my tune. We finally got our dyno so by the time I get everything running the dyno should be up and running them from there I plan on getting the ProRacer package and tune the bugger. Everything just on hold for a bit lol.

I havent asked about getting a refund on the chip but I well tommorow. If its going to save me only $100 then meh its not worth it.
meford4u,Apr 28 2005, 03:45 PM Wrote:Boooooo. Bad answer Anthony.

We all have to take a step back and understand that changing your car's set up is not going to be a lucky stroke of genious and get it right the first time.
Since we got the Focus almost a year ago now, we have been planning the change and are now executing it.  It ran chugging and sputtering in the hot summer days and we wanted more hp so a change was inevitable.
We, meaning mostly the boy and his co-workers, got the car to a point where it is very driveable without a tune or dyno run yet to make the car, hopefully, 200+whp.  I'm not going to jinx myself in saying it will be there, but it should be awfully damn close.
now getting back to a direct shot at both Hardcore and you Jay.  The amount of time, patience, money, blood, sweat and tears has made the car an uphill climb, but a worthwhile project for both of us in the end.  But what I want the two of you to realize is that he is a mechanic in training and has people around him that can assist him and point him in the right direction who work with cars and their problems day in and day out.  I am not knocking anyone's abilties, just stating that this isn't an easy process and time will tell if your patience will get the better of you and have you throw in the towel.

Keep trying boys and rely on those around you to help you through the tough times of the process.
[right][snapback]105251[/snapback][/right]

I have clearly thrown in the towel on my setup..... Honestly last year at this time changing an intake was a big deal for me. I learned a hell of allot in the process and it was worth it. I'm not giving up, i'm just cleaning the slate and starting from scratch. I'm not a mechanic, nor would I pretend to be but your boy has an advantage, thats for sure. Having the tools, training and peers that can help him out.

I'll be boosted by June/July, come hell or high water.... I've got a list a mile long of things i'd do differently to make things better.....

darkpuppet,Apr 28 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:[emissions test coming up soon!
[right][snapback]105266[/snapback][/right]

Happy birthday!!!
make sure you don't tradeoff getting a tune fast if it means getting bad tune
Well 3 hours later and my engine bay is un boosted. Dam spark plugs break easy. Good thing I bought 2 sets LOL.

Im just going to wait for my tune then bolt everything back up. Getting pretty dam fast at this now. First time to swap injectors seriosly felt like 2 hours lol. This time it took 15 minutes. The only thing I still have trouble with is getting the dam PCM back in the slot.

So hoping End of May everything well be worked out then I can go for tuning in June.