FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Check Engine Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a check engine light the other day ony my Focus. Whtas weird is that I ran through the self check using the Odometer digital readout, and when I got to the DTC codes, it said that there were none found. I still have the light, could it be something major????? Yes I did check all the fluids. I have been having trouble with the catylitic Cnverter,(new high flow on order). Could the Cat have finally crapped out. Anyone have similar events happen.

Help me
i've got mine on as well and it says the same NONE thing, so i'm taking the car to the mechanic this saturday to find out. mine happened right after we changed the tires from 205/50/16 to 205/55/16's but i'm not sure if that is the case. i guess we will find out this saturday.

one question is your auto or maunal?
mine's been on forever. No idea what it is, but apparently it's nothing major.

how do you do the odometer check? I guess it's in the manual... perhaps I should read that one day.
http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=37

this says "NOTE: DTC Codes are not to be used for diagnosing problems. If you believe there is a problem with your car, you should have it scanned with an OBD-II code reader. DTC Errors are typically no cause for alarm."

I assume that would mean it wouldn't tell you what you're looking for (or what I'm looking for) anwyay.

Edit: Yeah, mine didn't come up with anything. No errors, but the light is on. I don't think it's meant to show the information I'm/we're? looking for.

However the guage sweep is neat! lol