FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cell Phone Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 11:20 AM Wrote:With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?
[right][snapback]286489[/snapback][/right]

A new Fusion will come with SYNC which is an excellent hands-free technology ... prior to having SYNC I used my Magellan 4050 GPS with built-in bluetooth to sync up with my phone ... you still have to reduce the volume on the radio yourself but overall the sound quality was good and the connection was solid.
ZTWsquared,May 4 2009, 01:08 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 11:20 AM Wrote:With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?

A new Fusion will come with SYNC which is an excellent hands-free technology ... prior to having SYNC I used my Magellan 4050 GPS with built-in bluetooth to sync up with my phone ... you still have to reduce the volume on the radio yourself but overall the sound quality was good and the connection was solid.
[right][snapback]286492[/snapback][/right]
Don't want a Fusion. It's an old man's car.......... :lol:
i've got Jawbone with noise assasin and its really good. cut down most of the back ground noise so others can hardly tell that i'm in the car.

Without that then i would say get the sync. Its amazing and i loved it on the escape rental that i had.
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]286496[/snapback][/right]

Nice ... :ph34r: - - - come watch me at Calabogie July 18th and guaranteed you'll change your mind.
ZTWsquared,May 4 2009, 12:32 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]286496[/snapback][/right]

Nice ... :ph34r: - - - come watch me at Calabogie July 18th and guaranteed you'll change your mind.
[right][snapback]286498[/snapback][/right]

How about we tag team him ZTW? I'm still young enough to be his son :lol:

and don't forget that by the time you add SYNC to a Ford vehicle, the steering wheel has the redundant audio controls on it, meaning that your hands never have to leave the wheel to answer, make calls or hang up on people (Though stabbing a button to end a call doesn't have that same feel as slamming a phone down :P)

NefCanuck
+1 for the young assistant. No, you can't have mine. :lol: :lol:
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 12:20 PM Wrote:With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?

The GPS idea is good. I bought on of those bluetooth rear view mirrors for my focus. It slips on over the existing mirror and displays the number/contact in the mirror when somebody is calling.

Theres a lot of good stereo decks out there that will work with most bluetooth equipped phones also. I have a pioneer f700bt and it works great, a lot of similar features as the SYNC system in the new Ford's. Plus you can add on to it, it runs off windows CE, so you can add a USB hard drive, custom software, also has addtional inputs like a rear view camera, play station, IPOD, Sat radio, etc....
Ive seen a bluetooth device they sell at Walmart that clips onto your sun visor (same size as a door opener) I think it was $50. If your phone is BT it works no problem.
mo_focus,May 4 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:i've got Jawbone with noise assasin and its really good. cut down most of the back ground noise so others can hardly tell that i'm in the car. [right][snapback]286497[/snapback][/right]
+1 on the Jawbone. I love mine.
+1 for the jawbone 2.0
I have the Motorola 1550 (I think Thats the number) Since Im not crazy about the ear piece. A big bonus is I can play tunes from my phone right throught the cars's radio without any wires.
I am very happy with my JVC KD-BT1 deck, bought it without much research (was going in to buy an Alpine). Cliche, but loaded with features and inputs.
No regrets.

And I saw an ad in MarketNews for a Quebec company, they will be distributing a factory fit aftermarket stereo. Bluetooth, GPS, touchscreen blah blah, all the goodies. Will post link when I find it.
i would recommend PARROT..solid unit!!
don't bother GPS with bluetooth, you can barely hear,,
http://www.motevomobile.com/main.htm
these factory replacement HU are sweet. Will definately be pricing one out for the next vehicle.