FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Re: Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
65k on original stcokers. Im now at 96K with Brembo blanks and KVR pads, still lost left...Id say 70%.

Clutch is fine to, so i dont think im wearing that out prematurely.

actually, my clutch is working freakin awsome for something that has 96K on it and now running FI threw it..... :P

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:so i dont think im wearing out prematurely.

Tee hee hee!
:lol:
That's something else to consider. City or hwy driving. I drive only city, and even the little bit of hwy that I do is within toronto for the most part. It's always bloody stop and go. Brakes get worked a lot harder when you have jackasses driving all around you all the damned time.
Bought my car with 63K on it, the brakes were changed before I bought it... 12K later, my brakes are totaly done... I just bought myself some Brembo's and some PBR pads
What brakes should I get, and how much will it set me back?
the wagners i mentioned are about 400$ w the rotors and around $350 for the rears.
i've been happy with brembo blanks and hawk hps pads $150usd for the fronts.. something around there for the rears too
focusnme,Apr 27 2005, 07:55 PM Wrote:the wagners i mentioned are about 400$ w the rotors and around $350 for the rears.
[right][snapback]105023[/snapback][/right]
$400 for the pair w/ rotors?

I assume installation isn't included either? hehe
hmm.... 68k on the red focus before the pads went.. sold it before i had to change them again

blue focus....rear brakes were below 50% at about 30km im gonna change them in a few weeks at 50,000...

fronts are still fine, but ill change them anyway to match the rears... mmm, hawk pads :)

Now tires... :angry: at 47km... the stock conti's are pretty low.. i only hope i can get the rest of the season out of them
Question about the ceramic brakes. Don't they only work once they're up to heat? I mean work best.

I've just always heard that they're not really any good unless you're racing, or a hard braker. Any truth to that?

Also, how long would you expect them to last? seeing as I managed 70k on stockers would I see the same? or less? more?

or should I just go stockers again.
Auto with mainly highway driving.

OEM pads and rotors lasted my first 65,000 km.

I had the dealer put on Motorcraft branded pads and rotors. Motorcraft pads installed by the dealer have a lifetime warranty. The first set lasted 70,000 km-ish. I'm on my second set and am probably running close to replacement very soon. Last time I priced Brembo blanks they came up pretty close to the Motorcraft ones.

I'll probably stick with Motorcraft again...and get a FULL brake job this time around. My drums are now getting close to wear after 210,000 km. Once the brake fluid is done, it might be time to hit a lap of Shannonville again in August :)

guess I've gotten very good usage out of my breaks. I'm on my Stock break pads and Stock rotors, and I've got 57K and can still go another 10K-15 k left on my pads and rotors. I'm hard on my breaks too, since Ive got manual, and I never slow the car by downshifting, I use breaks instead.
Pages: 1 2