FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How My Car Should Have Came From The Factory...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got my rims on! 2003 SVT 5-spokes, Kuhmo ASTs on the front, old Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s on the back.

The tires and rims make for alot more fun. :D

[Image: P1030537a800x600.jpg]

[Image: P1030538a800x600.jpg]

[Image: P1030539a800x600.jpg]

[Image: P1030540a800x600.jpg]

Ryan
Very nice, but, it's still a sedan............................ :o
Looks really sharp. Makes me jealous.
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 11:13 AM Wrote:Very nice, but, it's still a sedan............................ :o
[right][snapback]286487[/snapback][/right]

Very nice indeed ... but - your sig says you have SVT suspension, however still needs to be lower IMO ... and I assume you have the SVT brakes on the way?
ZTWsquared,May 4 2009, 01:11 PM Wrote:Very nice indeed ... but - your sig says you have SVT suspension, however still needs to be lower IMO ... and I assume you have the SVT brakes on the way?
[right][snapback]286493[/snapback][/right]

I'm going with what has been, um, 'cost effective' as far as upgrades/modifications. :)

The SVT suspension dropped it about 3/4" all around, which is fine for me as I drive it year round, and sometimes the roads don't get plowed too quick in my neck of the woods. It got rid of the SUV ride height, and brought it to where is should have been stock, in my opinion. Also, the picture was taken about 15 minutes after the suspension was in full-droop, so it might not be settled yet when the pics were taken. :D

I have no real need for the SVT brakes as I won't be tracking the car, and the ATE PremiumOne rotors and Raybestos Nascar pads are giving much better than OEM braking. The only reason why I would go to the SVT brakes would be if heat became an issue from auto-x, but since I highly doubt it will ever make it there, I won't be upgrading any time soon at least. Plus, I like to be able to run 15" snow tires...
If you are running stock brakes you put 14's on your car and save $. Thats what I did. BTW I have the Pro-Kit and that is 1.5" drop and I never got stuck in the snow. In the car wash is another story, but we wont go there. LOL
Looks great! How long have you been running the svt suspension?

EDIT: I see now lol, Sept 30th 2008. Just curious as to how they've settled over time.