FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help! Car Runs Like S%%%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After fighting with my turbo today I decided to pack it in for now. God damn I hate moments like that but once I was down that road it just all came off in about an hour and in another hour everything was stock....only performance part remains is the header.

Now heres my problem my car won't run right. When I flick the throttle hard it sounds like its going stall, but then it recovers. When I slowly put on the throttle it doesn't seem to have a problem. It does not seem to have much power at all when I took it out for a test run either....... It actually ran better with the turbo on it... :angry:

Before I started it I used my xcalibrator to put a LFQ1 program on my computer with EGR delete. Now this may be my problem, all I did with my car off I selected P2 on the xcal. and held the program buttom for two seconds.....

It flashed all 4 lights for a while and then it flashed 8 pulses, delay, 1 pulse, delay, 8 pulses, delay, 1 pulse, delay, 8 pulses, delay....I didn't count how many but it eventually stopped so I assume that the program made it to my computer.

Everything seems to be OK, there should be no vac. leaks, my pcv everything is stock.....I put the stock plugs back in that were fine before I used the turbo.

Can anybody help me out here?
Not sure but if it was mine. I would get the entire engine back to stock and get it to Ford. Get the thing running back and start going back at it peice by peice.

Dont give up man.

Sucks to here but I hope you get it running.
I wish I had advice, all I can say is keep your eye on the prize:

[Image: fastwrx_1841_8979182.jpg]
Right now my target is get the car running again :) Like I said everything is stock, with the exception of the EGR delete which I cannot reverse unless I get a new egr pipe. And the header which doesn't exactly do much, but its kind of a pain to swap...

I'm just not sure if I put the stock program back on.....maybe its still got the turbo tune on there and its causing all sorts of havoc.....maybe i'll have to call steeda up tommorow :blink:

what is you just put your stock program back in? i thought the flasher versions always had a backup of the stock tune..

anyway i'd like to know what's happening.. so its not the setup, its the stock car now thats causing trouble..

hmmmm.. you can't quit now, you are too far into it to be quitting hehe

id say find you stock program and reflash.. unplug your battery for awhile and then let it idle for at least 10 minutes.. then go for an easy drive..

i haven't removed my egr yet (no plug for the cat) so i couldn't tell you how well/badly it will change anything
I got everything straightened out with steeda, once I knew how to use the xcal. I put in the SCT program for a stock focus and it worked nice.

They are going to send me another file with raised idle since it shakes quite some with the poly mounts at stock idle.

BerinG:
For EGR I did not want to put the egr back on, it was a simple plug tho....cut the egr pipe and remove the copper pipe flange that bolts to the egr adapter on the cat and put two pennies in there..then tighten that onto the cat. Works well....and of course the egr delete plate for the manifold.

good idea.. i was just gonna unbolt it though.. instead of cutting.. if i need to put everything back on sometime..
Yep :(
shut up, you're selling it! i would've bought that if you only had sold it to me back then :P

what i would like to know though.. why were you shooting smoke? what happened with your drain line?
Did you check the coilpack harness wires? See my post elsewhere here (search: 'hesitation'). Sounds like what my car was doing.
The car runs like a top right now, power is good for the mods that were left on the car. The I just didn't know how to use the xcalibrator properly..... but now I do.

Why are you selling the turbo kit? Car didnt run right or sumthing?
I had some problems, fixed them, but had to take everything off to do that..... I posted it on ebay at a price that would recover my funds invested plus a little extra, so I can start over again with what i've learned.

If it doesn't sell I may just end up putting it on....only time will tell.....

Man this post just sucks. The guy has a few problems with his turbo and then your giving up waaaaaaaaay to easy.

He needs our help.
I propose that those of us that can lend a hand in getting this thing back on the road with a turbo help him out.
Nobody dare bid on this thing while it's on eBay.

Hardcore, if you need help with this little project, there are those of us fuktards that can unite and give a fellow fuktard a hand.

doing this s**t by yourself can really lick balls when it doesn't go right.

I'd be up for helping.. since I can datalog (as soon as my scanner is RMA'd that is), and know a bit about SCT...
Go to London and break down. :lol:

Im in TO all week next week, if you need anything, let me know.

edit: Trust me Kevin, I went thru all of this to, just with different things. I wanted to give up like 10 times dealing with some of the people I had to deal with to get/source parts. I was just lucky the way the install ended up going. I guess Tom and Jay know what their doing. :o :lol:

Dont give up dood. :)

Its so worth it.

Somethin about a focus pulling like that.....evil. :D