FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Urgent: London Members--need Your Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Flo is currently in London, and his car won't start.. He doesn't have internet access, so I'm posting to see if any of you guys can give him an urgent hand.

From the sounds of things, he may have corroded wire to the coilpak, plug wire issues, or fouled plugs from a rich condition..not sure, since the car won't start and he doesn't have any tools to properly PD stuff.

If anyone in the London area can give him a shout 613-323-1458 (Nate) and give him a hand, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll remove the extra threads when he gets back on the road.
im home... I'll give him a shoot.
cool... I just woke ZOOM up as well, maybe you guys can have a little g2g

good luck man!
french_connection,Apr 23 2005, 07:27 PM Wrote:im home... I'll give him a shoot.
[right][snapback]103938[/snapback][/right]

thanks man... I know Nate will really appreciate it.
darkpuppet,Apr 23 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]103940[/snapback][/right]

fuk man, I KNOW HE WILL, I basicly fix everything for him when he is in london, he will soon owe me a BJ....

I got him an svt coil and wire to try and solve the problems, will instal em in 30 mins from now, we should now more after.

thanks to Crazykid aka mitch for the extra parts. B)
french_connection,Apr 23 2005, 07:34 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 23 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]103940[/snapback][/right]

fuk man, I KNOW HE WILL, I basicly fix everything for him when he is in london, he will soon owe me a BJ....

I got him an svt coil and wire to try and solve the problems, will instal em in 30 mins from now, we should now more after.

thanks to Crazykid aka mitch for the extra parts. B)
[right][snapback]103941[/snapback][/right]

may also want to check his plugs.. could be affected by a somewhat persistent rich state. (stuttering at low RPM,a nd worse in cold/damp weather, and possible blow-out at higher RPM)..
[Image: B00002MVQO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Is he heading back to Ottawa? If he has problems and wants to bail out in the GTA. He can pitstop here for the night.
That sucks, hope all works out...

I've got a stock coil/wires/plugs here in whitby if needed...course i'm in whitby and not in london... :(
2001 ZTS,Apr 23 2005, 09:33 PM Wrote:[Image: B00002MVQO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Is he heading back to Ottawa? If he has problems and wants to bail out in the GTA. He can pitstop here for the night.
[right][snapback]103958[/snapback][/right]

same applies here... I haven't heard back from him.

You guys have any luck?
nothing so far.
I'm good boys. Back in Ottawa. 535Km on one tank. Another New record...lol. Im getting better mileage with the turbo than I did stock.

Again, big thanks to Steve for the datalogging and posting this. Mark, thanks again for the hook-ups. Tony, thanks for the tools, jack and the extra hand getting her working.

Mitch (crazy_kid) thanks man. Soooooooooooooooooo appreciated.

For the guys that dont know what happened. My car wouldnt start in London after the datalogging session in TO. Called a tow truck to bring it over to mItchs shop, CAA arrived. "Car's to low, no way Im touching it". Greeeeeeeeeeeaatt. :rolleyes:

What happens next is amazing. While The CAA dood is telling me no, Mitch is on the phone. "Dont worry Nate, we'll grab the deisel and the trailer" :o

F_uckin right.

We hauled my car over to Mitchs shop in his race car trailer, started compression tests, swapped the coil pack, swapped the plug wires (4th time now). tried starting the car without the Pro-M plugged in. Bang! she started. Took the Pro-M out, sprayed some brake cleaner in it, plugged it back in. Car started first try, no problem.

Brought Tony and Mitch for a ride.

That was my week-end. :lol:
Sweet! thank god it wasn't anything more then that!

don't ya love turbo cars!?? ;)

Jays2000ZX3,Apr 24 2005, 11:05 PM Wrote:Sweet! thank god it wasn't anything more then that!

don't ya love turbo cars!?? ;)
[right][snapback]104187[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

learning a lot, thats for sure.

and Yeah, I still do. ;) B)

heres the log if anybody wanted to take a look....

http://www.darkpuppet.com/nate_run1.csv (hope you dont mind DP)
You were certainly being cautious based on TPS output?
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 24 2005, 10:05 PM Wrote:don't ya love turbo cars!?? ;)
[right][snapback]104187[/snapback][/right]

Not right now :angry: :P

How much you charge to fix my mess ... hehe... seriously :ph34r:

I give up...uncle! (for today)

btw: I don't blame flow for being conservative on the throttle....anything could happen....
So Tom cant do anything with my datalogg. :rolleyes:

Great. Another 4 hour drive somewhere I dont know to get more values I have no clue what they do.

He needs to see MAF voltage or Counts....
Tom's BLOWN!!!
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 25 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:Tom's BLOWN!!!
[right][snapback]104266[/snapback][/right]

Im going to post this on FJ to see what they think....
ouch that sucks.. sorry about that.. at least it wasn't too big of a problem.. except for the fact that you were 5 hours away and the datalog wasn't usable :P
Flofocus,Apr 25 2005, 01:51 PM Wrote:So Tom cant do anything with my datalogg.  :rolleyes:

Great.  Another 4 hour drive somewhere I dont know to get more values I have no clue what they do. 

He needs to see MAF voltage or Counts....
[right][snapback]104265[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to know why the software wasn't seeing any of the extended sensors... If I get some time, I'm going to run a datalog on my car and see if it sees anything on my car.

nothing is simple with this crap, and it gets really frustrating.
Pages: 1 2