FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shell Gasoline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While checking the price of gasoline at the local Shell station, I noticed a big blue sign saying to try their new gasoline with nitrogen in it. Has any of you chemists tried it? Would it be any good?
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 10:25 AM Wrote:While checking the price of gasoline at the local Shell station, I noticed a big blue sign saying to try their new gasoline with nitrogen in it. Has any of you chemists tried it? Would it be any good?
[right][snapback]286472[/snapback][/right]

I've always run Shell, can't really say for sure as the weather has warmed up which always increases your mileage but the car seems to be returning better fuel economy numbers.

This is compared to last April esp. on the highway where I managed 8.1L /100km on my trip to London for work (and that's with a Steeda CAI & 91 octane tune and some "spirited" highway driving)

NefCanuck
I have really noticed a huge amount, there is less black residue on my tailpipe and there is more fuel milieage.
It's supposed to burn cleaner, and clean the insides better. I've used it once or twice, and seems ok.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10185640-48.html
probably just more marketing shinangins from Shell.
I know the owners of the two Shell gas bars here in town. I won't be shopping there unless Shell is the last gas retailer open in NB, and even then I'd likely walk.

I look forward to reading everyone else's reports, though. :)
pioneer all the way. I love the bonus bucks
I side with Esso for the moment. Shell always seems to screw up my mileage.