FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Focus Is Hesitating And The Fuel Pump Recall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:banger:

Think this will solve it? The hesitation occurs when you start from a stop, at low RPMs and low throttle... mostly on turns, and when the fuel tank is low.

I considered DPFE but the symptoms are a bit different.

Anything I can do to ensure the "extended warranty" gets completed and they don't dick me around?
Make sure that the recall hasn't been done. Take it to you Ford dealer, tell them your problem, they will most likely know what you are talking about and take your car in, change the fuel pump, and off you drive.

I did it at Donnely's Ford in Ottawa, they knew the problem and they changed my pump in 2 hours, without charging me. Only thing that pissed me off was, who ever parked my car outside, just put the car in gear and didn't pull the handbrake. :angry: Stupid mechanics :angry:
Yep, I already called Ford Canada, gave them my VIN, and they were the ones that told me about the "secret extended warranties".

I have to go in for that one and the springs, so I have to wait to get my new wheels on before they can do an alignment.
Yeah, I had the same symptoms in my car the day I test drove it for the first time. Had them do the recall work before the car was actually in my possession. Get the fuel filter done at the same time, and maybe they'll throw that in for free like they did for me ;) Either way, doing the fuel filter at the same time just makes sense.

Also, as for the springs warranty... don't bother with that unless you can physically see a problem developing with your springs. The replacement is only good once.
Yup, definatley the fuel pump, youll notice it more too when the days get warmer. or youre using cheap gas.... Pioneer gas blew my fuel pump twice on the ZX3. thats why the only gas my svt gets is Ultra 94....
FocalSpeed,Apr 22 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:Make sure that the recall hasn't been done.  Take it to you Ford dealer, tell them your problem, they will most likely know what you are talking about and take your car in, change the fuel pump, and off you drive.

I did it at Donnely's Ford in Ottawa, they knew the problem and they changed my pump in 2 hours, without charging me.  Only thing that pissed me off was, who ever parked my car outside, just put the car in gear and didn't pull the handbrake.  :angry:  Stupid mechanics  :angry:
[right][snapback]103600[/snapback][/right]

Went in to Donnely's today, they were great, but unfortunately they can't take me in until Tuesday. He said I have to leave the car for the whole day since it isn't exactly a "priority" repair... but he was well aware of the problem, and I didn't need to pursuade them or argue. Very happy about that.

I'll post here on Tuesday to let you know how it goes.
i had it replaced last Aug, and it's acting up again now. when it's at low rpm it seems real slow, and when passes around 2500rpm and power kicks in. wonder if we get a second replacement.. i'm not too sure if they change the fuel filter with the pump. but i'm going to change the filter first and see if it gets any better.

Fingers,Apr 23 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:
FocalSpeed,Apr 22 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:Make sure that the recall hasn't been done.  Take it to you Ford dealer, tell them your problem, they will most likely know what you are talking about and take your car in, change the fuel pump, and off you drive.

I did it at Donnely's Ford in Ottawa, they knew the problem and they changed my pump in 2 hours, without charging me.  Only thing that pissed me off was, who ever parked my car outside, just put the car in gear and didn't pull the handbrake.  :angry:  Stupid mechanics  :angry:
[right][snapback]103600[/snapback][/right]

Went in to Donnely's today, they were great, but unfortunately they can't take me in until Tuesday. He said I have to leave the car for the whole day since it isn't exactly a "priority" repair... but he was well aware of the problem, and I didn't need to pursuade them or argue. Very happy about that.

[right][snapback]103842[/snapback][/right]
had the filter replaced.
it seems to run better.
Fingers,Apr 23 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:Went in to Donnely's today, they were great, but unfortunately they can't take me in until Tuesday.  He said I have to leave the car for the whole day since it isn't exactly a "priority" repair... but he was well aware of the problem, and I didn't need to pursuade them or argue.  Very happy about that.

[right][snapback]103842[/snapback][/right]

Got the fuel pump recall done. Car runs infinitely times better from a standing stop. Thumbs up for Donnely's in Ottawa... great service.
Glad to hear you're better off now man :)

Did you get the filter done at the same time?