FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lowering Springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i found a pair of tein s tech springs that are brand new for sale. they are going for 110 us, there is a 2.3 drop in the front and a 2.0 drop in the back.
are they worth it?
my friend has them on his focus, about a year now, no problems on stock struts
with a drop that low you are gonna need shocks and struts...

but thats a good price...

i saw some Tein springs on ebay for like 150 US, but i dont like bying stuff on ebay...any one heard about those??
same thing, dif seller.
personally im gonna get the eibach sportlines now and replace struts in a few months.
how much should shocks and struts run me?
if its a 2" drop and it can run on stock dampers.. that seems like it must be a super soft spring?
I don't know a whole lot about suspensions, but I am told that Tein makes really, reallly good stuff for the most part. I'd upgrade the struts, personally, if I was getting a kit that lowered my car that much.
tien is excellent....but get different dampers put in now ....cause mark my words here you will wish you did....stockers gonna blow..."bang, blap, ca-blewy.....bounce , bounce , bounce......"

hehehehe
what would be the maximum you can lower before having to change the stock/struts dampers etc... ??? i have an svtf, which is already kinda lowered, and i'm also looking at the tein s-tech springs only because i'm low on $$$ so i have to go the cheap route for now.
SLIP STREAM SVT,Apr 23 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:what would be the maximum you can lower before having to change the stock/struts dampers etc... ??? i have an svtf, which is already kinda lowered, and i'm also looking at the tein s-tech springs only because i'm low on $$$ so i have to go the cheap route for now.
[right][snapback]103950[/snapback][/right]

personally I would not lower an svt unless I had a hole suspension kit in mind cause it is pretty good handling as is....

if it is look you want do what you got to do....if you want it to handle better on a budget get tires and be done untill you can finish the job properly