FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mcdonalds Complaint Letter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's a letter that I'm sending to McDonald's about two previous instances where I wasn't treated with the utmost customer service one would expect from McDonalds:

Quote:To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to inform you about two incidents where I have encountered problems with one of your establishments located on Weston Road and Rutherford Road, in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada.  These incidents have taken me by surprise, due to the fact that they contradict the reputation that your fine establishment has entitled, and I feel it is my duty to inform the head of the franchise, about a specific location tarnishing the McDonalds reputation.

The first incident occurred at around 2:00 a.m. on a Saturday, April 16th, 2005 morning. An associate of mine and I, ordered twenty Chicken McNuggets, two medium cokes, two fries, and a Quarter-Pounder, at the drive through window, at the Weston Road and Rutherford Road location.  To complete this order we also requested some Mac sauce, sweet and sour sauce, and honey mustard sauce.  When we received our order, we were appalled to see that we were only given one of each type of sauce requested.  Upon this discovery, I requested one more Mac sauce for my companion, and several more sweet and sour sauce and honey mustard sauce for my twenty Nuggets.  To this request the server simply replied “no I cannot give you any more sauce”.  So I asked him, “why?”  His reply was, “we just can’t”.  Now as any customer that was in desperate need of more sauce, I offered to pay for the extra sauce.  Upon learning about my offer, the employees replay was, “Sorry I cannot let you do that”, after hearing this I was extremely upset and was forced to consume my meal dry without sauce and without any enjoyment what so ever. 

The second encounter occurred at 1:00 am on Wednesday, April 19th, 2005, at the same location.  I placed an order of one Big Mac, one supersized order of Fries, and one medium coke, once again at the drive through.  I politely asked for one Mac sauce and one sweet and sour sauce.  The same employee said “Ok, come to the second window, your total is (I Have forgotten the total amount of my order)” upon hearing this, under Ontario law, a verbal contract was formed between myself and the McDonalds establishment on Weston Road and Rutherford Road.  The agreement was clearly understood that upon paying the total amount requested from the McDonalds establishment, I would receive one Big Mac, one supersized Fries, one medium coke, one sweet and sour sauce, and one Mac sauce, which forms a contract, due to the fact that there was consideration between both parties that there would be an exchange of my legal tender bill for the order that was placed.  Upon arriving at the second window of the building, to my great disbelief the same employee from the previous occasion had decided to breach the contract made between myself and the establishment, by forcing me to pay extra money on top of what was originally negotiated for the sweet and sour sauce and Mac sauce.  Since I did not have the time to argue with this employee I unhappily paid the extra money for the sauce that was requested.

I find these encounters to be rather disturbing and contradicting of the reputation that McDonalds as a whole holds dear.  After all, according to the McDonalds Canada website, your company claims “We are dedicated to providing customers unparalleled levels of Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value. It is what our founder, Ray Kroc, taught us.”  Parting from this letter I feel that every company should be given the chance to rectify any problems with any of its branches, because after all no one is perfect, so I now leave you with this knowledge in hopes that this problem will be rectified, so that I can once more enjoy the excellent quality of food and service that McDonalds has given me some time ago.
lol

:lame:

I'm sure they'll send you gift certificates though ;)

back in the day, when I worked retail, I had a dispute with a customer over a price...long story made short, I refused to sell her an item for a lower price, and rightfully so. She said that she was a customer service manager for some company, said I had to give it to her for that amount, blah blah...I refused, explaining how contact law actually worked, lol, and that it may be HER company's policy to give clients whatever they want, however unreasonable, but that I would not be doing the same.

She said "that's fine, I'll just complain to your head office and they'll send me gift certificates...I've done it before, I know they will". I said "ok then!" and she walked out, when I wanted to say "way to work the system, you parasitic cunt".
I can't believe I read the entire letter. Yeah.. you should sent this to them. The name of the employee would help too. you know, try to get the bastard fired.
LMAO get the bastard fined? OVER SAUCE?! Agreed, I think some of these corporate super powers have no control over their shitty minimum wage employees, but nonetheless... it's just sauce. Have you spoken to the store manager before writing a letter to franchise hq? LOL
This is just like Jason's incident with Kraft and my issues with Cadbury...

quality control and customer service has gone down the tubes

There really is a limit tho on how much sauce you can get.. I know this from the year and a half I worked at McD's(North albert by BPs) Shitty ass job.. slack as s**t tho. I normally just gave people watever they wanted for extra sauces... two really hot chicks asked for a box of ketchup.. they were surprised when I came back with a freakin box. They said they didn't want it all. so I pretty much just gave them a bag... why because they were hot and I didn't care. But you'll get free coupons or some s**t your better off just calling the head office of the store they'll normally hook u up good. If not just tell the manager your reporting to head office with his name and store location.
It's probably not the employee's fault. He gets his directives from superiors. Somebody in management there is probably cracking down because the supply of sauces is exceeding the sales of products they were made for.
I have a friend who works up high in McDonalds head office, I can pass this on to him for you, and for sure something will get done.
My bro complained the other day becuase they put pickles on there burger.
quick tip.. if u like fresh fries over the crappy ones sitting there... always order fries without salt. Because they have to clean everything off first with water to wash off the salt.. specially if u tell em your allergic to it. You get nice fresh fries :D.. then add salt as desired been doing that for years.
ZTWsugardaddy,Apr 21 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:It's probably not the employee's fault.  He gets his directives from superiors.  Somebody in management there is probably cracking down because the supply of sauces is exceeding the sales of products they were made for.
[right][snapback]103482[/snapback][/right]

Fire his ass too then, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SAUCE MAN!
Mike, were you bored today? nothing better to do?

I'll give you that special sauce any time. Free of charge.

now quit bullshitting these guys and get back to your real life stories
Quote:Phantom Posted Today, 06:05 PM
  quick tip.. if u like fresh fries over the crappy ones sitting there... always order fries without salt. Because they have to clean everything off first with water to wash off the salt.. specially if u tell em your allergic to it. You get nice fresh fries .. then add salt as desired been doing that for years.

so true, i used to work at BK, on the frier side, so i had to cook the fries, and all the cocky little teens would come in and want fries without salt, bastards! i hate em!, but now i do the same every fast food place i eat at :)
*steps into the room*

whoops... didn't know this was the room for the high rollers

*quietly sneaks back out*
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6682/2.0 (2.50.8) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Forwarded off one copy of the letter to Rotten Ronnies Head office, and the other to Meford4u
they always screw up my order.. those fuc-king retards ALWAYS fu-ck it up.. basic combo.. EASY, you remember the combo, you remember the drink. 2 things to remember.. TWO THINGS! You dont have to remember it for a week, you have to remember it only from the time you listen to the time your finger pressed the goddamn button on your keyboard.. i ahve to remember stuff months away from today.. and i manage... you have to remember it for a little less than 15 seconds.. if you didn't understand the order correctly, ASK AGAIN or at least verify it

Well what do you know, i get a sprite instead of coke.. thank you.. now again, just yesterday.. i get 2 cheese burger combo, no pickles.. with bicmac sauce in it.. thats a tough one.. you got 4 things to remember! the combo, no pickles, bicmac sauce, and a coke.. i get the burgers, no bigmac sauce and theres pickles.. i dont get it, i just wish i could go and rip that damn kid' head off. but wait, its not all his fault, receipt says just no pickles.. ok so she forgot to write it on the order, and he forgot to do what WAS written on it. So i go up to the counter, theres a manager or supervisor watching me walk up to the counter.. "is everything ok?" "I want big mac sauce" "on the side?" "well it was suppose to be in the burgers" "oh im so sorry mister"

ok thanks, i forgot all about it now that you apologize for your useless employees.. for the 10043935millionth time..

anyway sorry it just pisses me off.. my friends always tell me im not lucky with that caus it never happens to them.. i might just be on a blacklist or something but its really impossible to have a perfect order unless theres no changes to the combo and still they manage to screw up the drink..

im not saying all mcdo employees are retards, but why does it always happen to me..
I Received a Cheeseburger without cheese once.. haha boy was I pissed. Either there was a shortage of Cheese that night in the mcdonalds kitchen, or it was late and half the staff was asleep while taking my order.
paolo,Apr 22 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:I Received a Cheeseburger without cheese once..  haha boy was I pissed.  Either there was a shortage of Cheese that night in the mcdonalds kitchen, or it was late and half the staff was asleep while taking my order.
[right][snapback]103740[/snapback][/right]

Damn... Cheeseburger without cheese?? now that's a sin.
i find that problme with wendys alot, they dam up my order all the time (or should i say USED to, havent eaten fast food in like a year)

i order a single with cheese combo, ice tea to drink, NOTHING ELSE...

i get my order and go home, and notice they stapmed the recpeit that LISTS the things in the order...AND WHAT DO I GET!!?

a grilled chicken with baked potato and coke...WTF is so hard about looking ata recpeit, matching it to whats in your hand, and putting it in the bag...?
FociPhil,Apr 22 2005, 07:42 PM Wrote:i find that problme with wendys alot, they dam up my order all the time (or should i say USED to, havent eaten fast food in like a year)

i order a single with cheese combo, ice tea to drink, NOTHING ELSE...

i get my order and go home, and notice they stapmed the recpeit that LISTS the things in the order...AND WHAT DO I GET!!?

a grilled chicken with baked potato and coke...WTF is so hard about looking ata recpeit, matching it to whats in your hand, and putting it in the bag...?
[right][snapback]103761[/snapback][/right]

Wendys is alright, i once ordered a #1 combo(hamberger and pop, fries) and i drove home opened it up and i had hamberger and 2 spicy chickens, and 3 large fries :) :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3