FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where Can I Find This Deck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

2003svt

I don't have a pic but I know it was made by Panasonic, now I am not up to date on any car stereo stuff these days so please bear with me. I owned this Deck in Summer of 2000, it was at that time top of the line Panasonic CD Player. The thing is that it had a little built in speaker that opened up at the push of a button, had all the eq stuff built into it aswell. I am looking for a deck that does the same thing, one that has a built in flip out speaker, built in equalizer etc etc, if I could get another one of the panasonics in good used condition I'd go for it but I highly doubt they still make that particulae model anymore. Anyone with car stereo connections or know about this particular feature, it doesn't have to be a panasonic either I just really want it to have the flip out little centre channel speaker. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
2003svt,Apr 21 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:I don't have a pic but I know it was made by Pioneer, now I am not up to date on any car stereo stuff these days so please bear with me. I owned this Deck in Summer of 2000, it was at that time top of the line Panasonic CD Player. The thing is that it had a little built in speaker that opened up at the push of a button, had all the eq stuff built into it aswell. I am looking for a deck that does the same thing, one that has a built in flip out speaker, built in equalizer etc etc, if I could get another one of the panasonics in good used condition I'd go for it but I highly doubt they still make that particulae model anymore. Anyone with car stereo connections or know about this particular feature, it doesn't have to be a panasonic either I just really want it to have the flip out little centre channel speaker. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
[right][snapback]103380[/snapback][/right]

If you can get me the make, I could maybe check for you. I got a connection in I.C.E so, let me know If you find anything or maybe just something else.

2003svt

I apologise for my post as it says pioneer to begin with and the panasonic. It infact was a Panasonic Deck with the flip out centre channel speaker. It was silver in colour with a blue led screen, at the time I paid about 900 for the deck alone.
focusonthis_88,Apr 21 2005, 07:02 PM Wrote:
2003svt,Apr 21 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:I don't have a pic but I know it was made by Pioneer, now I am not up to date on any car stereo stuff these days so please bear with me. I owned this Deck in Summer of 2000, it was at that time top of the line Panasonic CD Player. The thing is that it had a little built in speaker that opened up at the push of a button, had all the eq stuff built into it aswell. I am looking for a deck that does the same thing, one that has a built in flip out speaker, built in equalizer etc etc, if I could get another one of the panasonics in good used condition I'd go for it but I highly doubt they still make that particulae model anymore. Anyone with car stereo connections or know about this particular feature, it doesn't have to be a panasonic either I just really want it to have the flip out little centre channel speaker. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
[right][snapback]103380[/snapback][/right]

If you can get me the make, I could maybe check for you. I got a connection in I.C.E so, let me know If you find anything or maybe just something else.
[right][snapback]103409[/snapback][/right]
I remember the deck but i think it would be about 4 yrs ago that it was out, about the time i got my first panasonic deck. I don't think any decks these days that have the flip out speaker, i know that panasonic doesn't have one for sure. I just bought the top of the line panasonic and there wasn't a speaker available on any of the models.
I definitely know the deck you're talking about... I was so amazed by that little center tweeter. Was the coolest thing out back in the day. Be damned if I could find any info on it online tho.

2003svt

I had it installed in my Mustang at the time and it saved me from having to upgrade my tweeters. Mach 460 tweeters and a 500 watt briged amp on a single 15" sub was all bass hardly any highs, hit the button and voila, man I wish I could get a hold of that deck, they were out about 4-5 years ago.
Raine,Apr 21 2005, 10:40 PM Wrote:I definitely know the deck you're talking about... I was so amazed by that little center tweeter. Was the coolest thing out back in the day. Be damned if I could find any info on it online tho.
[right][snapback]103476[/snapback][/right]
Dood....I know exactly the deck you mean...they got a demo model at the local audio shop in guelph that is for sale....been there for evar!!

cool that you mention it.. B)
[Image: panasonic_car.jpg]

Something like that, I have the full brouchre at home I will post the model number when i get there

David
NoiSeeVT,Apr 22 2005, 06:56 PM Wrote:[Image: panasonic_car.jpg]

Something like that, I have the full brouchre at home I will post the model number when i get there

David
[right][snapback]103790[/snapback][/right]

Yep..thats the same one I was thinking of...

2003svt

GUYS THAT's IT, THAT's It, Please do me a favour and give me the number to this place or if you guys are local call them up find out a price they'll sell it for and PM me with it. I don't want anyone to buy it out from under me. Thanks a lot. That's the exact deck I am looking for. Man I hope I get my hands on it.
microbunny,Apr 22 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:
NoiSeeVT,Apr 22 2005, 06:56 PM Wrote:[Image: panasonic_car.jpg]

David
[right][snapback]103790[/snapback][/right]

Yep..thats the same one I was thinking of...
[right][snapback]103793[/snapback][/right]
I do not think they still make this unit. If you are in Toronto Call Steve at G&G electronics, they may have a demo left, http://www.ggelectronics.com
The model number is CQ-DVR909U (DVD) the CD only deck is CQ-DRX901U
Here are the Pics from my brouchre from 2001
[Image: pana.jpg]
Its a 2001 model so likely not going to have it
Tell him David sent you and the price will be great.

David
And if the store doesn't have it you can always try ebay :)

2003svt

[Thanks for the help, well I did just cal ggelectronics and unforunately they don't havem either. oh well I guess I'll keep looking, at least now I know the model number. Thanks again for your help it's just too bad he didn't have one for me.quote=NoiSeeVT,Apr 23 2005, 01:01 PM]
I do not think they still make this unit. If you are in Toronto Call Steve at G&G electronics, they may have a demo left, http://www.ggelectronics.com
The model number is CQ-DVR909U (DVD) the CD only deck is CQ-DRX901U
Here are the Pics from my brouchre from 2001
[Image: pana.jpg]
Its a 2001 model so likely not going to have it
Tell him David sent you and the price will be great.

David
[right][snapback]103887[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]