FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Install My Gauges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got my gauge pillar today with my oil pressure and volt meter. I have no idea how to hook these things up. Is there anyone that would be willing to do it for me. I will pay. I just need help and dont want to go to a shop because they rape ppl on their shop charges. I know its not that hard but I dont want to take the risk myself.

01-yellow-ZX3

Volt meter is as easy as they get - positive & negative.
ca_focus,Apr 18 2005, 10:19 PM Wrote:got my gauge pillar today with my oil pressure and volt meter. I have no idea how to hook these things up. Is there anyone that would be willing to do it for me. I will pay. I just need help and dont want to go to a shop because they rape ppl on their shop charges. I know its not that hard but I dont want to take the risk myself.
[right][snapback]102576[/snapback][/right]

I'll help you no problem, both oil pressur and volt meter I can hook up no problem. I have done the gauge pillar and both of those gauges myself.
hardk0re

whats oil gauge you running. elec or mech?
ZX3TUNR,Apr 18 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:hardk0re

whats oil gauge you running. elec or mech?
[right][snapback]102583[/snapback][/right]

I had an oil gauge, mechanical one. For electric with a sending unit its a little more difficult but still done with little effort.

Move the stock oil temp sensor over to to the plug by the starter and then tap in where the oil temp sensor was (if the sending unit is too big). If it fits fine beside the starter then your good to go...

How long would it take? Can the oil pressure gauge be done without a hoist because you have to dill through the firewall and run the copper oil line
ca_focus,Apr 18 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:How long would it take? Can the oil pressure gauge be done without a hoist because you have to dill through the firewall and run the copper oil line
[right][snapback]102586[/snapback][/right]

Honestly the hardest part is the pillar gauge pod. The rest is pretty easy....
I was told that from another guy. How ever Im still trying to find exactly where that location is. I must be blind.
Jack the car up and look at the rear of the engine by the oil filter. You will see right beside there is a sensor in the block, thats the oil temp sensor. Then about the same position vertically on the engine right by the starter (6 inches away). You will see a plug(well you may or may not see it depending on your angle it is a little lower than the other port where the oil temp sensor is in.

I found I had to use a T35 Torx bit to get a good grip on the plug, the T30 was too loose and it felt like I was going to strip the plug if I put too much force on it. And these damn things are in there good, the whole thing is awkward to get a ratchet on, but honestly once you get the plug out its a million times easier the rest of the way....

hardk0re,Apr 18 2005, 10:40 PM Wrote:For electric with a sending unit its a little more difficult but still done with little effort.

really? I heard it was easier.. since you're gonne pass wires through the firewall anyway..
Jay, I beleive this is where Harlkore is talking about

[Image: DSCF0813.jpg]
i think we need a gauge install day!!!!!!!!!!!!! since we all have gauges that arnt installed ...can sumone help mee too:$