FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Removing Front Carpet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me how hard it is to remove the front carpeting in a Focus? I want to clean the carpets to get the salt off it and I thought it may be a good idea to clean under them as they are caked with salt.

DRyanC
If you're talking about the floor carpet not the easily removeable ones you might not like my answer.

The car carpeting is a one piece carpet. It covers the entire floor of the car. To get that out you need to remove both the front seats, the entire back bench, the center console, the plastic trim on the openings for the doors. I think that's it.

You may just try to use that carpet cleaner you can find at Canadian Tire or soemthing like that. or if your really inclined use a steam cleaner.
Use hot water, dish soap, a good brush and some elbow grease. Gets the salt chunks out of the Justy with no problems.
Go to the Home Depot flooring department and ask them for Folex. It's the best carpet cleaner on the market. It's about $9 and works great

(I hate promoting home depot)
I might need some of that for the passenger side in mine. For some reason, I got all the dirt, and the better half got all the salt. :blink: