FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clay Bar And Meguirs 3step Wax=mmmmm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
spent 7 hours yesterday claybaring and waxing instead of studying for finals
[Image: HPIM0131small.jpg]
and then i took the pic and lowered my car[Image: droppedsm.jpg]
Sweet. Take a better pic of the shine during the day if you can.
Raine,Apr 17 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:Sweet. Take a better pic of the shine during the day if you can.
[right][snapback]102241[/snapback][/right]
ya i took it last night after i finished, gonna take some pics now
Hey how exactly do you "claybar" and where can I buy one. I mean I've heard the tern over the years but I've never actually seen it done!
MAlby7,Apr 17 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:Hey how exactly do you "claybar" and where can I buy one.  I mean I've heard the tern over the years but I've never actually seen it done!
[right][snapback]102274[/snapback][/right]
second question first: I got mine at Canadian tire, its with all the cleaning s**t, its in a box about 10 in high, mothers or meguairs.

there are instructions that explain it in the box, but basically there is a piece of modelling clay and a spray bottle of cleaning solution. you soak an area wiht the solution then rub the clay over top of to pic up small particles on top of the clear coat. then wipe the solution off and buff it out. every so often fold the clay into itself and flatten to "clean" it. do this over bad sections of paint or if your want, the whole car. i recomend the whole car. you can actually hear and feel the clay picking up the stuff on the paint.

then proceed to wax however you want...prepare to spend alot of time doing this and be ready to do alot of buffing.

my paint was in really bad shape, lots of swirls and small scratches, but it looks mint now.
Claybars are pricey too, but can be worth it. If you spend tonnes of coin on wax, then $30 for a claybar is nothing. If you guys wanna do a wash and wax at my place, let's do it! We'll all claybar our cars and see who's comes out looking best.

Here's a link for ya Mike

Mother's Claybar @ Canadian Tire
Sweet I'll try it and see what happens!