FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Finally Painted The Mirror Covers And Trunk Plynth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally painted the mirror covers and trunk plynth.
These are night pics because I didn't get home until later and I forgot to bring my Camera.

[Image: IMGP1027.JPG]

[Image: IMGP1028.JPG]
nice work.
i need to get around to painting some stuff when schools done.
ZX5focused,Apr 17 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:nice work.
[right][snapback]102145[/snapback][/right]

Thanks. Everything is pretty much painted on a ZX5 right? the only left to paint is the mirror covers.
I thought you'd do your door handles as well...or are you planning to get some from a mazda tribute?
Jaspher,Apr 17 2005, 12:49 AM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Apr 17 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:nice work.
[right][snapback]102145[/snapback][/right]

Thanks. Everything is pretty much painted on a ZX5 right? the only left to paint is the mirror covers.
[right][snapback]102146[/snapback][/right]

mirrors, maybe door handles, and im gonna paint the grills too if i dont decide to get new ones
Looks good. Paint the handles
Spyder01,Apr 17 2005, 12:52 AM Wrote:I thought you'd do your door handles as well...or are you planning to get some from a mazda tribute?
[right][snapback]102147[/snapback][/right]

I like my door handles black. I might leave them that way.
Looks sweet.

Am I the only one that thinks Nite-shaded grilles look awesome on just about any colour car? :D

I parked next to a red ZTS stocker at work on Friday (our Financials Manager's car) and really liked how "stealthed" the grille looks compared to stock.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 17 2005, 08:58 AM Wrote:Looks sweet.

Am I the only one that thinks Nite-shaded grilles look awesome on just about any colour car? :D

I parked next to a red ZTS stocker at work on Friday (our Financials Manager's car) and really liked how "stealthed" the grille looks compared to stock.
[right][snapback]102188[/snapback][/right]

Actually.. I have other plans for the grill lights. I'm planing to get a grill that has no lights and relocate the signals. Still not sure if I'm getting headlight with integrated signals or use the foglight housing as my new signals.
so how did u go about painting them....there is sooo much i want to do...but i don't want to screw it up and i am lazy
dmcisaac,Apr 18 2005, 06:13 PM Wrote:so how did u go about painting them....there is sooo much i want to do...but i don't want to screw it up and i am lazy
[right][snapback]102471[/snapback][/right]

first I washed the pieces with dishwashing detergent..then let it dry after I wiped the pieces with windex then let it dry again.. then I started painting it.
[Image: IMGP1028.JPG]

I'm guessing the plate used to say: JAS 4 RE?
2001 ZTS,Apr 20 2005, 10:31 PM Wrote:[Image: IMGP1028.JPG]

I'm guessing the plate used to say: JAS 4 RE?
[right][snapback]103205[/snapback][/right]
i think its "JAS 4 ME"
I don't know, I used to watch "Bumperstumpers" a lot and think "JAS 4 RE" sounds more like "jaspher" than what you propose? :D
2001 ZTS,Apr 20 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:I don't know, I used to watch "Bumperstumpers" a lot and think "JAS 4 RE" sounds more like "jaspher" than what you propose?  :D
[right][snapback]103228[/snapback][/right]
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...0187&hl=jaspher
ZX5focused,Apr 21 2005, 12:03 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Apr 20 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:I don't know, I used to watch "Bumperstumpers" a lot and think "JAS 4 RE" sounds more like "jaspher" than what you propose?  :D
[right][snapback]103228[/snapback][/right]
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...0187&hl=jaspher
[right][snapback]103240[/snapback][/right]

It is jas4me.. buddy of mine told me it's not a good idea to post licence plates. that's why i edited most of them.
You should have sanded the pieces too before painting them. That texture look sucks ballsy
ZOOM,Apr 22 2005, 02:56 AM Wrote:You should have sanded the pieces too before painting them. That texture look sucks ballsy
[right][snapback]103589[/snapback][/right]

yeah.. that's my future plan.. this is just a test run. just wanted to know what it would look like. I'm gonna sand everything smooth then repaint.