FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
come across with this. I know we shouldn't go cheap on this, but this is too .....
Opinion? And how much it will cost to fit it into Focus?

click...
Says available to US only, but personally I don't think any seat that weighs only 28 lbs is that great... then again, wtf do I know
I dunno, you get what you pay for, probably crap material, uncomfy, etc.
After doing my Tom motorsport seats like malby this is what I have come to the conclusion of.

Any seat can be made to fit into the focus. Most seats like these will come with sliders but no brackets. The sliders are usually crap. Unbolt them from the seat, two bolts per slider so there are 4 holes.

Now order the corbeau brackets and sliders. Malby paid 300 cdn brand new, I scored a set off focusfanatics for 90 bucks usd after shipping and brokerage (20 dollars) I am in for 150 bucks.

the sliders and brackets from corbeau also have 4 bolts, two per slider that will most like NOT line up with your aftermarket seat, (unless they are corbeau of course) So this is where you need to fab an adaptor plate.

Get a piece of 1/4 thick steel. (thats what malby and I used, I found it to be a little excessive, but better safe than sorry) you are going to drill four holes for the sliders and four holes for the seat bottom. (measuring of course).

Bolt this plate to the seat bracket/slider combo first, Then bolt the entire assembly to the bottom of the seat.

Voila.

It's quite simple acutally and look great too. No ghetto fabbing of seat brackets needed, my corbeau brackets are a perfect fit, look nice and work perfect.

So yeah, if you buy these or any other seat they can be made to fit, just go for the corbeau brackets and build an adaptor plate. (very easy)

I got my Tom's seats in my car and they are working out fine.
Zoom,

Glad to hear the corbeau's worked for you too. These brackets we have made are real sturdy and look pretty decent also. I'm not sure if spending $1000 on a eat is a good or bad thing. I mean sure they are a lot better in every which way possible but if you're a student or don't have wads of cash flowing like ZX3TUNR then go with what you can afford.
MAlby7,Apr 17 2005, 06:35 PM Wrote:.....but if you're a student or don't have wads of cash flowing like ZX3TUNR then go with what you can afford.
[right][snapback]102273[/snapback][/right]

hahaha, Burn? :P