FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sunroof Trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all

Just wondering with those of you with the sunroof, when you press the close button to the second spot on the switch does it close it automatically, it says it is suppose to in the manuel but mine closes but then reopens. So I open it it works fine but when I go to close it it take 2 or 3 times to get it to shut. As well it seems to sit low in the roof, its not even with the roof line is this normal?

David
On the second click, it should close automatically...I had trouble with my sunroof as well. I am going to bring it in for it to be serviced again. When i open it to the vent position, it gives me this creaking/rubbing/squeaking sound which is unbearable...i had them fix it just before the winter and at that point, there was no more sounds, worked perfectly. Now that winter is over, the sound is fricken back...so im bringing it in soon and see what they say.
It closes on the second click but then rectract like a garage door when something is its way it opens again, is there a safety switch?

David
Mine is flush with roof. I don't think it should be recessed at all. I know the manual tells how to reset the sunroof, but I have never tried this procedure.
im still trying to figure out my sunroof, ive only had the car for 4 months
Oh yea, now that SVT ZX3 mention it...there is a reset procedure for the moonroof. Check your manual, it should reset your roof back to factories settings.
Spyder01,Apr 16 2005, 12:02 AM Wrote:Oh yea, now that SVT ZX3 mention it...there is a reset procedure for the moonroof.  Check your manual, it should reset your roof back to factories settings.
[right][snapback]101993[/snapback][/right]

Hey that reset worked, I found how to do it and its fully operational again :)

Thanks
David
Glad to hear it!
reset did not work for me, manual says somehting about safe mode and bring to dealer. extended warranty looks more attractive right now
NoiSeeVT,Apr 17 2005, 03:25 AM Wrote:
Spyder01,Apr 16 2005, 12:02 AM Wrote:Oh yea, now that SVT ZX3 mention it...there is a reset procedure for the moonroof.  Check your manual, it should reset your roof back to factories settings.
[right][snapback]101993[/snapback][/right]

Hey that reset worked, I found how to do it and its fully operational again :)

Thanks
David
[right][snapback]102131[/snapback][/right]

Had the same problem b4 too and the reset corrected it. You also may notice on very hot days your sunroof won't open...it'll go in a safety mode thinking the motor is overheating, it'll work again when it cools down ;) .