FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Something Leaking On The Tranny..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed this week that my car was leaking (what looks to be oil) under the car.. now i figured out the "area" where its coming from.. its like under the coilpack but more under that other thing in front of it connected to the radiator (coolant pump?!). Its only really leaking when the car is running.. a bit when its parked but im thinking its just the oil that already leaked and is just running slowly down the tranny..

At first I had plugged my pcv oil separator caus it was smelling so i though it was my breather that was leaking oil over the tranny so i unplugged the hole but its still doing it..

anyone had this?
Could be a buggered thermostat (the plastic box next to coil pack). The valve gasket seems to like leaking from that side also.
Color? There is only few kind of fluid in the car, and most of them have diff color.
turns out it was the oil pressure gauge but was showing the same "leak path" as the cracked thermostat housing.. but without coolant :P

thanks!