FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Engine Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can a 2005 engine be swaped out with a 2000? I had some engine problems and found a new 2005 engine and was wondering if it can be changed out. Has anyone done this? Any help would be great.

Regards,
Turbo_zts
Turbo_zts,Apr 15 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:Can a 2005 engine be swaped out with a 2000?  I had some engine problems and found a new 2005 engine and was wondering if it can be changed out.  Has anyone done this?  Any help would be great.

Regards,
Turbo_zts
[right][snapback]101899[/snapback][/right]

I imagine it could fit, people have done duratec v6 swaps and V8 Swaps. I'm sure 05 foci to a 01 foci is doable. How much work it will be to connect everything correctly is a different story. I wouldn't expect a plug and play type of install :)

Its probably cheaper to fix the engine problems with the zetec :lol:
If the mounts are the same it shouldnt be *that* hard of a job.. easier than trying to jam a V6 or V8 in there. Only thing would be the wiring and the computer transplant.
I dont know if your turbo will swap over tho.
Zetec engines from standard autowreckers are pretty cheap.....

btw: whats wrong with your engine?
I havent had it apart yet but the diagnostic check said detonation in the 3rd cylinder. :( I am gonna get a second opinion before any major surgury is done though.
your mod list says gude kit.. what setup are you running to control the timing and fuel system.. shooting from the hip here, but i think if you really did get deto you should take care of the cause of the deto before swapping the motor.. or else you'll blow another
if you are getting detonation chances are you are not running a clean tuned solution. how much boost, how big are your injectors, who programed your chip?
if you can turn down the boost and get the Car to Vancouver we could set you up with out tuner and have him take a look at it, figure out your issues and build you a tuning solution that works and possibly at a higher boost level to make more power!

you also have a PM!
which 05 motor were you looking at, the 2.0 duratech or the 2.3? but will swap in easily, but you will need the motor, ECU, motor mounts and possibly the tranny as i do not know if the zetec unit will bolt up the the duratech exactly.
also your turbo kit will not swap over. basicly you would be down grading for more money that it would be to set your car up propperly.