FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Wash's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So who actually does their car, and who goes to a car wash? and if you go to a car wash, do you get the total package, wash and wax and whatever else you can get? if you know anything about the wax's and such from these car washes, is there any benefit, or are you better to get it washed, then wax it yourself? curious..feedback would be AWSOME..thanks guys
Whenever I can I was my car myself!
The only type of carwash I take any of the cars in my family to is a coin op. I was my car at home weekly from March/when it's warm enough to open the pipes - November/when it's too cold to leave the outside taps on. If I go to the coin op, I use the spray on wax in the winter... in the summer it's colour cure and mothers.
Both my cars has actually be hand washed....none of the cars i've owned ever went to a car wash before...they've always been washed and waxed myself... at first i was worried about salts from winter sticking under the car...but didn't find that to be a problem...so i just wash it myself
I use the drive throug with the works exclusively.
I used to go through the automatic touchless wash we have at my work, but now I'm paranoid with my WRC replica spoiler and the power of the overhead dryer. I've seen the dryer break the metal hinges off of an old bronco spoiler, I dont want it snapping mine.

I stick to the wand wash, or if it's nice enough and I have time I'll do it by hand.
I used to coin-op it... but now I do it all at home with my nice shiny new Simoniz pressure washer (on low pressure). So nice :D

I never auto-washed at the drive-through as I was paranoid about the Focus's ground clearance and those suspension-raping grabbers they use. <_<
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 15 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:I never auto-washed at the drive-through as I was paranoid about the Focus's ground clearance and those suspension-raping grabbers they use. <_<
[right][snapback]101892[/snapback][/right]

Those things look scary.. at the wash at my work it's just flat pavement that you drive into and park, the wash machine goes around the car..
Always do my stang myself (no one touches it) and the only times I don't do the Focus myself is when the dealership does it, and even then I'm paranoid. If you want something done right......
I usually try and wash mine myself at home, bu when I'm just lacking time, or too lazy, I run down to a coin op