FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Racing Stripe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i'm comtemplating putting on a pair of vinyl racing strips on the focus. I'm thinking black or carbon fibre.
This is a few pics of the car.
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=10127

Let me know what you guys think, haven't decided one way or the other just tryin to figure out if it would look good or not.
Well I had a poll on whether or not to remove the badging/lettering from my car. It was unanimous. It still hasn't come off yet but keep it clean......NO STRIPES.
:lame:
ok, if you had a viper. I would say yes.

if you had an srt-10 truck even, I might say yes.

You own a focus. Stripes would be tacky. Fake vinyl CF stripes would be even tackier. You would be asking to be laughed off the board.
are you trying to be a honda owner?
smith21,Apr 14 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:are you trying to be a honda owner?
[right][snapback]101773[/snapback][/right]

Ouch
ZOOM,Apr 14 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:ok, if you had a viper. I would say yes.

if you had an srt-10 truck even, I might say yes.

[right][snapback]101771[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say the exact same thing. :lol: Or if you own a 67 Camaro SS....*drooooool* :D
Fake carbon fiber vinyl is something you want to stay away from, no matter what.

And racing stripes dont really belong on a sport compact, that's definitely a muscle car thing.. the only Focus I've seen look good with stripes was the focustuning wagon, and that was because of the widebody kit and the fact the stripes were gray on silver so they didnt stand out too much.
Puke........

not a good idea....... :fag::puke:
habmann,Apr 15 2005, 01:53 AM Wrote:

Ouch
[right][snapback]101808[/snapback][/right]

hab, you know i'm just buggin ya about it, but to be completely honest, i don't think it would look that great, it would take away from the nice lines the focus already has, and give it something that will make it look like a honda. Stay with no vinyl, they look much better, IMO that is
smith21,Apr 15 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:
habmann,Apr 15 2005, 01:53 AM Wrote:

Ouch
[right][snapback]101808[/snapback][/right]

hab, you know i'm just buggin ya about it, but to be completely honest, i don't think it would look that great, it would take away from the nice lines the focus already has, and give it something that will make it look like a honda. Stay with no vinyl, they look much better, IMO that is
[right][snapback]101847[/snapback][/right]

Ya man no worries, just wanted to bounce the idea off you guys.

It would seem its a no tho.

Thanx guys
Personally don't do it.

The 2 stripes were the distinct mark of Mr. Shelby which he started on the Mustang Cobra.

Now you can see how far it went.

Peace...