FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is The Focus Really The Worst Car Ever Made?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently someone here thinks so.

LINKY
holy thread theif batman. :P :lol:
So... is the whiner actually a Focus owner or is he just some stats whore? :huh:

Either way, the Focus didn't make the Car and Driver 10Best list 5 years running for nothing. On top of that, the list is formulated on a LOT more than just performance.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 14 2005, 04:26 PM Wrote:So... is the whiner actually a Focus owner or is he just some stats whore? :huh:

Either way, the Focus didn't make the Car and Driver 10Best list 5 years running for nothing. On top of that, the list is formulated on a LOT more than just performance.
[right][snapback]101660[/snapback][/right]

This is the thing...

He posted the statement and then buggered off.

The Focus, love it or leave it gets consistantly GREAT reviews EVERY year.

The fact that I MYSELF have had such a bad experience does not make the Focus a bad car.
The Focus is not that bad, sure it's go it's problems but so does everything else. What other domestic manufacture has a hatch back for the NA market? I can only think of Ford, sure GM has all the offspring 5's now with Kia, Suzuki, and so forth, but this is 4 years after Ford. Fine the Civic went to 2000 with a hatch back but they changed thier minds and offered only a $25000 choice for the Sir, 8000 more than a base ZX3. Fine the Focus is 500 Lb to heavy, doesn't have unequal length double wish bone suspension, but I can take out the back seat and put a 6 foot air mattress in it.

I like my hatchback

DRyanC
What pisses me off most is ppl foregt the focus was a new car at the time. how many years did it take other companies to get a car right. by 2003 ford got the focus pretty good.

look at the new civics. my brothers NEW civic is again in the shop...
^^ Exactly. Even with my slightly off-kilter doors, I love my Focus. If I get the doors re-adjusted when it goes in the bodyhouse Monday and it stops wearing down the paint, I'll love it even more :D
i wouldn't call the focus the worst car ever.. but i like my 14yr old honda as much as my 2000 zx3.. either the focus isn't all that great that 14yr old tech is as much fun, or those old hondas are MaDD TitE.. either way.. i'm happy i ditched the focus when i did
yeah having alot of recalls and tsbs doesn't make it the worst car ever.. you don't base your purshase on just those.. theres the power, the fuel, the interior, exterior, price.. not just how often they break..

but people seem to be defending it pretty well still.. i was expecting more of an outrage where everyone would say it sucks
more recalls = a better car,
cause you get more free stuff!! :lol:
From a design stand point I still defend the Focus ZX3 as one of the best looking cars of all time but when it comes to reliability at least from my experience I find it hard to defend it as a great car. I'm glad I got rid of mine while I could still get some money for it.

Laterz :)
See thats where it gets confusing.

I have nothing to bash about my focus. I had it for 2 years and have yet something to go wrong with it. Like I said before. I think western canada got all the good ones lol
Quote:when it comes to reliability at least from my experience I find it hard to defend it as a great car. I'm glad I got rid of mine

This from a guy with a car that has an Brittish electrical system? ;)
Yea i think the Focus is a hot looking car and is a pritty good vehicle out of the box. Ive had few problems with mine so i absolutly love it and to know that if you upgrade the suspension and get some sticky tires you can out handle a WRX or Evo of any generation is also nice.
FocusTunerzx3,Apr 16 2005, 05:29 AM Wrote:if you upgrade the suspension and get some sticky tires you can out handle a WRX or Evo of any generation is also nice.
[right][snapback]101997[/snapback][/right]

hmm... that's a strong statement... you've got to have some lap times or at least autoX times to back that up if you ever make that statement any place other than a focus forum

01-yellow-ZX3

I speak from experience when I say there are a lot more cars out there that deserve the "worst car ever" award.

I love my Ford Focus. ;)
Read the March 2005 issue of Sport Compact Car where they review the Saleen N2O ZX3, and the Fall 2004 issue of Focus Fanatic reviews the car as well and gets damn near the same numbers - just shy of 1G lateral acceleration, braking that shames most exotics this side of a Ferrari Enzo or Lambo Gallardo, and slalom numbers that really show how well the car responds to the twisties.
SVT ZX3,Apr 15 2005, 11:09 PM Wrote:This from a guy with a car that has an Brittish electrical system? ;)
[right][snapback]101976[/snapback][/right]

HEHEHE you got me there ;)

LUCAS- The Prince of Darkness

Q:You guys know why Brits drink warm beer?
A:Lucas made there fridges.

Q:How did Mr.Lucas die?
A:He made his own pacemaker.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

Laterz :)
naz,Apr 16 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:
FocusTunerzx3,Apr 16 2005, 05:29 AM Wrote:if you upgrade the suspension and get some sticky tires you can out handle a WRX or Evo of any generation is also nice.
[right][snapback]101997[/snapback][/right]

hmm... that's a strong statement... you've got to have some lap times or at least autoX times to back that up if you ever make that statement any place other than a focus forum
[right][snapback]102019[/snapback][/right]

Well a well practiced person like P-51 has done it ("hanged with them") because he knows what he is doing and has a well thought out and executed turbo.

In general take any two average Joes side by side and the WRX will always win through shear brute force in any type of course I can imagine.

Put the same person in both cars on the same track they will always do better in the WRX. Replace the crappy stock WRX tires with something better and the margin increases dramatically.

There are only two people here with lots of seat time in both a Focus and WRX, myself and P-51. I'm pretty sure he would say the same thing.

Back on topic, no the Focus is not the worst car ever, far from it. Does Ford HQ and most dealers need an attitude adjustment, you bet.
Actually im going by slalom speeds posted by SCC having there upgraded Focus running 1.2mph faster then a stock STi or Evo and still coming under the price of a Sti or Evo.
Pages: 1 2