FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Place To Get A Rim Repaired? (gta Only Pls)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to get a rim repaired... just a small crack that needs to be welded. Would prefer to do it at a shop one of you guys know/have had experience with. Would like to do it in the next couple days, so if you guys could recommend a shop it'd be great. Toronto/Markham area only please, don't really wanna travel too far for it. :P
Steelcase Tires'N'Mags
187 Steelcase Rd W
Markham, ON, L3R 2R9
Telephone (905) 479-8884
Fax (905) 479-9055

depending on the damage, it should cost about $50 per rim
Spyder01,Apr 13 2005, 05:12 PM Wrote:Steelcase Tires'N'Mags  
187 Steelcase Rd W
Markham, ON, L3R 2R9
Telephone (905) 479-8884
Fax (905) 479-9055

depending on the damage, it should cost about $50 per rim
[right][snapback]101347[/snapback][/right]

They do repairs?? Do we still get an OFOC discount there?
Raine,Apr 14 2005, 12:14 AM Wrote:They do repairs?? Do we still get an OFOC discount there?

Im not sure, i know there is some group buy for tires there thats ending april 15th...You'll have to ask the guy thats taking care of the group buy and see if he can hook you up

I've heard if you want a good "rim job" you should consult darkpuppet.

Joke, but I feel that makes him and I "even" for locking the other thread, I was going for "the TIME OUT", plus the above is funny too!

(IMO)

:lol:

Please resume normal conversational tone.
Spoke to Dave Holmeshaw at Steelecase.. says they don't do rim repairs. Gave me the number of Rick Lotey who's out Weston Rd. way... he was estimating between $100 - $150. I sent him pics. Anyone know a place in Scarborough that does good work?
how bout etobicoke?
I know they specialize in refinishing - I'm guessing they do repairs -- try
http://www.carcone.com -- they're on Bloomington Sideroad in Aurora, about 3mins from the 404.
Thanks DanielB... haven't seen you around in a while. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Most places are quoting around $100 - $125.. is that average?
$100-$125 sounds expensive.

Here we only pay $75 a wheel and thats includes powdercoating.
ZX3TUNR,Apr 15 2005, 01:19 AM Wrote:$100-$125 sounds expensive.

Here we only pay $75 a wheel and thats includes powdercoating.
[right][snapback]101803[/snapback][/right]

Personally that's what I woulda figured too... I mean it's just a simple matter of a weld and quick machining to make it smooth and balanced. it's on the inside lip so I don't need paint, just a little clear coat if anything to prevent it rusting
There's a truck i've seen around, The Rim Doctor, they have a website too.
Sorry that's all I remember though.
Well drove up to Carcone today after speaking to them Friday. They told me over the phone it'd be $75 to repair the crack, another $25 if I wanted the rim power and clear coated again.

I get up there, they say they don't do repairs on cracks, and refinishing is $100 per wheel... wtf?
so didnt find a place yet???
let me know..Im going to need a place like that soon..!
There's a couple places I'm waiting to hear back from, I'll let you know which works out