FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Compression Test?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to get a compression test done on my Motor, So I don't waste Nates Buddy's Time. Im 99.9% sure that everything is in tip top shape but he still wants to get it checked out. So I thought I would get a test done for him. So I can let him know what to expect.

What tools do I need to do the test? I know Theres something with taking the spark plugs out and check each cylinder but thats were my knowledge ends.
Princess Auto!!

It's just a pressure gauge with an adapter that has threads to go in the spark plug hole. It's generally a good idea to disable your fuel too, that way the car doesn't fire up and run on 3 cylinders. :)

The better testers will have a second needle in the gauge that'll stay at the high point, they're nice since you can easily do the test with one person.

-George

Scourge,May 1 2009, 10:56 AM Wrote:Princess Auto!!

It's just a pressure gauge with an adapter that has threads to go in the spark plug hole.  It's generally a good idea to disable your fuel too, that way the car doesn't fire up and run on 3 cylinders.  :)

The better testers will have a second needle in the gauge that'll stay at the high point, they're nice since you can easily do the test with one person.

-George
[right][snapback]286308[/snapback][/right]

Partsource has a tool lending program - perhaps a compression tester is something you could borrow from them.

Partssource
Scourge,May 1 2009, 11:56 AM Wrote:Princess Auto!!

It's just a pressure gauge with an adapter that has threads to go in the spark plug hole.  It's generally a good idea to disable your fuel too, that way the car doesn't fire up and run on 3 cylinders.  :)

-George
[right][snapback]286308[/snapback][/right]

What he said. It may take a couple of turns to get the compression high enough. Mine is long ebough that I can put the guauge on my windshleid to watch it as I turn over the engine. i use the wipers to hold it in place.

Did you talk to Kirk lately, last I heard is that he wasn't going through with it anymore??? :huh:
What No he hasn't talked to me since last week but he said he wanted the motor for sure. Im gonna call him.

He didn't pick up what did he tell you abaout the Motor would have been nice if he told be hes no longer interested considering I was going to put it up on Ebay and Kijiji And Stuff but didn't since he said He was taking the motor 100%
He just told me he wasnt going through with it anymore. Kids these days heh!

I would still get the compression test doen for you;re ebay adds and stuff, it will only help sell the motor.
Apparently he only has $1500 Saved up so I dunno where hes going with that. Im not giving my crap away.