FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Advice On Spark Plugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok...I need to change the spark plugs..since I got the wires and the coil, they advice me to get new spark plugs...
for the SVT...which ones you ppl have on your rides and if they are the stock motorcraft...the gap..they said not to go all the way to .65 and leave them on 60.
(I know stock they have to be at .55,..so..)

what about bosch+4
or any others???

thanx for the help

P/S also what temp you suggest and brands??
I need to improve mileage and performance.

thanx..! ;)
well, you're not going to get much in the way of mileage or performance with new plugs.

stick with stockers, and with an aftermarket coilpack, you could probably widen the gab 5 thousandths... which will do more for performance than anything else.
So get stockers instead fo the bosch+4 and leave the gap that Screamin Demon suggest?? .65????

thanx !
yeah avoid the bosch +4's. I have em and they make no difference. Actually, I think they are behind a little bit of my rough idle I'm havin. I hear some people recommending iridium plugs, but if I had another chance, I'd go back to stocks.
+4's dont work well with our engines. id say go with bosch platinums
for the zetec stick to the stock plugs, the bosch +4 are just a waste of money.
I am running 1 step colder plug on my svt and realy like em way better than the stockers.

it feel stronger.

azfs22c

mine are gap at 0.45 and the car pulls realy realy well. low 15 bone stock.
^^^ what brand are those model plugs for? azfs22c??? and is it a waste of money to upgrade the coil and wires?
SLIP STREAM SVT,Apr 12 2005, 03:53 AM Wrote:^^^ what brand are those model plugs for? azfs22c??? and is it a waste of money to upgrade the coil and wires?
[right][snapback]100699[/snapback][/right]

motorcraft plugs from ford order in usualy unless in ottawa somehow... :unsure:

anyway...

for the coil and wire, unless yours are totaly going, I wouldnt spend my cash on that, my friend just put screaming demon coil and wire and I couldnt see any difference on his 104 000 kms svt... but they are good replacement for sure and good quality when the time comes.

-marc
I'm going to be needing the works too. Going to pull everything tomorrow and see what the hell is going on.

Ford quoted me $420 for wires & the coil pack. ('00 ZX3)
DAMN! that is cray-zee.

They said $126 for sparkplugs.
WTF are they smoking?? This is a 4-cylinder, not a (old) v-12 Ferrari F1 engine!

I figure if they're charging that much I can probably find something cheaper in the performance aftermarket.

What are the best bang for the bucks on wires, plugs & coilpacks?
I got mine at Steeda...and for sure the wires and coil were around 200 and something...but not more than 250...and since that Pat told me to better change plugs....
DanielB_ZX3,Apr 12 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:I'm going to be needing the works too. Going to pull everything tomorrow and see what the hell is going on.

Ford quoted me $420 for wires & the coil pack. ('00 ZX3)
DAMN! that is cray-zee.

They said $126 for sparkplugs.
WTF are they smoking?? This is a 4-cylinder, not a (old) v-12 Ferrari F1 engine!

I figure if they're charging that much I can probably find something cheaper in the performance aftermarket.

What are the best bang for the bucks on wires, plugs & coilpacks?
[right][snapback]100704[/snapback][/right]

Plugs shouldn't be more than $50 with taxes for a normal Zetec application. Each plug is about $12 from the Ford Parts Counter - double platinum Motorcraft plugs.

Plug wires should be under $80 with taxes. It's been over a year since I replaced them, but I don't see the prices changing that much.

For the Zetec application, it's a 1.3mm gap. I've found with the Motorcraft plugs I've bought that it's pre-gapped to spec. Luck of the draw :)

I just did my plugs yesterday. Car is happier :)