FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: No Power In Turns..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well since i have my summer rims on it would make sense that i would want to rip around corners. the only problem is that im loosing power when i get into the corners. As i turn and put my foot down and turn the engine revs just drop and i have to let up on the gas and wait for the focus to get power back ( its a zx3 by the way). has anyone had this problem with their focus in the past?
Ya it's called a lack of power from a 2.0L engine.

Seriously I dunno what you're talking about. It doesn't seem like anything unusual because when you go around a corner theRPM's drop and there seems like a lack of power!
your misunderstanding. when im turning and have my foot down on the gas the engine is loosing power. i can basically have my foot to the floor and no matter what the engine revs just drop.
What year is your focus? The fuel pump tends to 'act up' when your turning...... make sure you got the recalls done on your car, especially if it's a 2000 or 2001 (common fuel pump model issues).
yea its a 2000 zx3
fuel pump will always give sign of failiure if they fail in spring due to more heat.

fuel pump are super sensitive to heat.

dunno why it would act in turns only, but it might... who knows.
french_connection,Apr 11 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:fuel pump will always give sign of failiure if they fail in spring due to more heat.

[right][snapback]100563[/snapback][/right]

When driving through a corner with a tank with less than 1/4 full the pump may not be immersed in the fuel "bath" and heat up too much.
2001 ZTS,Apr 11 2005, 11:10 PM Wrote:
french_connection,Apr 11 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:fuel pump will always give sign of failiure if they fail in spring due to more heat.

[right][snapback]100563[/snapback][/right]

When driving through a corner with a tank with less than 1/4 full the pump may not be immersed in the fuel "bath" and heat up too much.
[right][snapback]100568[/snapback][/right]

makes sense.... damn we complete each other... im the left brain and your the right side.... :lol:
hyprlte,Apr 11 2005, 06:17 PM Wrote:yea its a 2000 zx3
[right][snapback]100557[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

youre the mail mans worst person :ph34r:
hahah thanks
has anyone else had this same problem?
lol i find there to be quite a bit of power on the turns. I dunno. Maybe Im werid
but there been a few times I slide the tires right out.
hyprlte,Apr 11 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:has anyone else had this problem with theirs
[right][snapback]100582[/snapback][/right]

your looking for 200+ reply or what.... :lol:
i found it on only some right hand turns...it would drop out i would ease off, then all good...

i think yeloZx3 had that problem too...i think it was either the pump, or DPFE sensor...
french_connection,Apr 11 2005, 06:17 PM Wrote:makes sense.... damn we complete each other... im the left brain and your the right side....   
[right][snapback]100573[/snapback][/right]

As part of my quest to make you a better Anglophone..............................don't ever say sh1t like that to another guy. Very :fag:

:1engrishsign: :rofl:
Try gearing down before the corner as you are braking, then as you exit the corner you will hopefully be in a gear with the rpms in the higher power range. This, of course, assumes that you have a manual transmission.
i dont know why everyone here doesn't know :D if you haven't had your fuel pump recall done, you will have trouble on right hand turns has theres a fuel canister that doesn't fill up properly if you are running low on gaz in the tank.. the thing is, it'll still have pressure but not alot, and your fuel filter is probably really dirty, so when the pump is sucking out fuel, its working harder caus of the dirty filter and almost no gaz on the other side too since you are turning and all the gaz ends up on the left side, hence, it bogs and loses power.. its worst when it gets hotter outside.. caus the pump just takes less time to overheat and bog..

go get your fuel pump recall done.. fixed all those issues on mine
hyprlte,Apr 11 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:has anyone else had this same problem?

I am on my 3rd pump now... ;)
Change fuel filter every year can prolong the life of ur fuel pump.
hyprlte,Apr 11 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:has anyone else had this same problem?

yeah 2000 ZX3, had the same problem going down or getting on Hwy ramps. it was the fuel pump and it was done under warranty. you better get it done soon. t will get wrose if you don't and sometimes its just dangerous, so many times i get on ramps and then to the hwy then the bloody car just stalls.

Hope this helps,

Lates
I had that same problem, or at least something very similar. It was the infamous fuel pump recall. Had the filter done at the same time, and never had a problem since. I've serviced my car at all "proper" intervals, and so far so good.
Pages: 1 2