FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best cai to get for a focus zx3? im wondering if K&N is the best, or maybe AEM, i dont know there are wayy to many out there.
I have a Steeda short ram air intake. Personally i like these best cuz your don't have to worry about gettin water in the engine. Also gives you a nice sound from the engine bay cuz the air filter is so much closer to the cabin over a CAI.
if you want a CAI just buy one from e-bay, the cheapest you can find, then go and buy the best K&N filter to replace the junk that came with the e-bay CAI.

make sure to buy a bypass valve.

Personaly I like short ram better with some air duct.
I second the Ebay buy... Its all the Same piping... Make sure you buy a good Filter though, And a By-pass valve
I've got an AEM bypass valve, brand new! PM me if you want it.
Volant, its expensive...but a good one...
would the short ram be better than the full cold air?
Screw the ebay ones, why support companies (or people) like that. The BOMZ is notorious for falling apart as well as being as cheap as they get. No way in hell I would ever use one on my car.

There is no reason to cheap out on parts, in the end you just end up buying something else. Get a GOOD intake like a AEM CAI (with bypass valve for sure) if you want a true CAI, otherwise go with either a VOLANT (my choice) or PIPERCROSS (also my choice) and don't waste your money on crap.
is this the piper cross one you were talking about, that getting all the hype??

Pipercross viper
Yes that is one of them, the links are below.....

http://www.mcnewsautomotive.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=AIR

They are both on the page, the VIPER is the high end one, the VENON is the other model, both are awesome!