FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help With Engine Light On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The engine light came on yesterday on my Gf's car, she's got a 2001 ZTS auto. i tried reading the DTS codes but it says NONE, so i guess nothing there. i have also clean all the filters, topped all the fluids and checked everything else. what could it be?

One more thing to mention, we got new tires yesterday, and instead of getting 205/50/16's i got 205/55/16's. could this have any effect on it. i dont see how it could, but nothing else comes to mind.

Thanks Mo
For the engine light, my guess would be DPFE sensor.

How's does the 205/55/16 fit/feel?. I was thinking of doing the same because I prefer a softer ride. I just can't justify the added expense (since I'm not working) because I've only got 27,000 on the stock 16's.
Everytime my engine light came on, was when the DPFE sensor went. It happened all but one time, and that was related to the {!} light coming on with the engine light from the cooling issue I had, but the car would stall in that one case.

If the Car is out of warentee, it will cost anywhere from $90 - 250 depending on where you take the car to, If she has warentee still or this part has been replaced before it (the part) will have a warentee if it was done by ford. If I remember correctly it's a 3 year 24,000 mile warentee on the DPFE sensor that ford gave the part.
Mo, try to put the dpfe of your zx3 on her car as a test.

save yourself the hassle of trouble shooting at 75$ an hour...
french_connection,Apr 10 2005, 05:41 PM Wrote:Mo, try to put the dpfe of your zx3 on her car as a test.

[right][snapback]100126[/snapback][/right]

hey marc, i have changed my DPFE but right now i cant remember where or how it was done, does anyone here know how?

thansk Mo
mo_focus,Apr 10 2005, 10:04 PM Wrote:
french_connection,Apr 10 2005, 05:41 PM Wrote:Mo, try to put the dpfe of your zx3 on her car as a test.

[right][snapback]100126[/snapback][/right]

hey marc, i have changed my DPFE but right now i cant remember where or how it was done, does anyone here know how?

thansk Mo
[right][snapback]100156[/snapback][/right]

isnt it the square box ont he fire wall? im pretty sure it is.
ZTWsugardaddy,Apr 10 2005, 02:47 PM Wrote:For the engine light, my guess would be DPFE sensor.

How's does the 205/55/16 fit/feel?.  I was thinking of doing the same because I prefer a softer ride.  I just can't justify the added expense (since I'm not working) because I've only got 27,000 on the stock 16's.
[right][snapback]100105[/snapback][/right]

they ride really nice,(so far) had it for only for two days, we got Falken Ziex ZE-512 Tires. Apperantly they are number 1 tires according to consumer choice ratings. they ride really nice compared to the 50's and rides quiter as well.
I'm pretty sure there is a DPFE "how to" in the sticky section and it has diagrams too.